We live on the island. The hotel sometimes emails late availability offers to its local repeat customers and offers a special rate. I received one of these emails one Friday just before Christmas to say there was a room available that night. I rang my wife straight away to check that we had nothing else planned, and she was so excited to hear that we'd be having a special treat.
The experience at Chateau la Chaire is excellent from the start. They are very friendly and efficient when taking bookings over the phone, and the welcome on arrival is always great from the chatty Polish receptionist.
This time we'd booked a superior room so we could benefit from the hot tub in the large bathroom. That was very welcome after a hard week in the office and we enjoyed our soak so much we were late down to dinner, but that wasn't a problem and we enjoyed the nibbles and a drink in the lounge before being shown to our table.
Each course from the table d'hôte menu was excellent and the staff coped well with my wife's food allergy.
After dinner we chose a couple of DVDs from the several hundred titles kept in a cabinet in the lounge and took them up to our room to play on the large flat screen TV. But the beds at Chateau la Chaire are so comfortable that we drifted off to sleep mid-movie.
Breakfast is a relaxed affair in the conservatory and the food is very good. Tip: they make great hot chocolate if you ask for it.
We'll no doubt be back again when the next late booking offer comes up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in the 1800’s as a gracious private home, nestled against the cliffs of the wonderful wooded valley of Rozel, the Chateau La Chaire Hotel is now recognised by the major guides as one of the finest small luxury hotels in the British Isles.The hotel offers a range of stylish accommodation, including a spectacular split level suite and many rooms with feature beds such as four posters, private balconies and ensuite spa bathrooms. Luxury Elemis toiletries and soft towelling robes are provided in all rooms together with a host of other extras you would only find in a first class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau La Chaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Chaire Hotel St. Martin
- Chateau La Chaire St Helier
- Chateau La Chaire Jersey/St Martin