“A superb Jersey gem”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in St Martin
North Yorkshire
“A superb Jersey gem”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was our first visit to Jersey and we stayed for four nights here. From the moment of our arrival in the late evening to our departure we experienced excellent service. Our room (Petunia no 6) was very spacious and very well furnished, as was the bathroom and indeed the balcony. The food at every meal was perfect and the scones with the afternoon Jersey cream tea were scrumptious. The hotel is situated in a very quiet location and breakfast was made even more enjoyable in the conservatory with the appearance of red squirrels in the nearby trees. We will be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roaming94

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have just returned (13th March) from a 3 night break at the beautiful Chateau la Chaire. It was our first ever visit to Jersey and we could not believe our luck on arriving at our chosen hotel. What a lovely Chateau in a very beautiful spot. Our room (no 11 ) although I think only a standard room was lovely, with a window seat and large opening window which looked down on the terrace. We could hear the water from both the water feature ant the small stream nearby, it was blissful !!!! The beds and bedding were very comfortable and the elemis products found in the bathroom were a real treat. All the food from breakfast, cream tea and DInner was delicious and served by polite and professional staff. The drawing room was also very comfortable and as we were very lucky to have beautiful weather what a delight eating breakfast in the conservatory. I could not fault any off it and as we have sailed on Cunard, Celebrity and Royal Carribean I can honestly say the hotels standards equalled that of our sailing experiences. Thank you for a lovely weekend.
Nikki O.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Nic19542014
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We went mainly to experience the tasting menu which was faultless. The care and attention given to every aspect of each plate was astounding.
The bedrooms haven't changed much over the years but they are a good size, well equipped, clean and very, very comfortable.
The staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and personable.
This is a hotel which tries very hard to please. There are little extras at every turn and we had a very pleasurable stay.
And it's great value too!

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We Pre ordered a cream tea last week, for today Saturday 1st March for 3.30pm, we were looking forward to it, as past comments on here had mentioned food was good.We have never been served such poor quality sandwiches, they had obviously been made some hours before,left out and had dried up ,to the extent that they had started to curl,what sort of service is that!! The scones were Ok but a little dry..wouldn't recommend I'm afraid..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane L
ChateauLaChaire, General Manager at Chateau La Chaire, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It would appear from investigating that the sandwiches for tea on this occasion had been left open in the warm kitchen before your arrival which led to them drying although I don't recall them being curled. I know that we spoke with you at the time and immediately offered to replace with freshly made but you declined and we therefore did not charge you.

As a typical country house hotel we serve many teas throughout the afternoon and very rarely have any difficulty but please accept my apologies for the shortfall on this occasion.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We were spoiled rotten by charming staff, fabulous food in this beautifully decorated, stylish hide-away. From enquiries at the time of booking to our departure, empathic staff went out of their way to ensure that our visit would be stress free and all our needs anticipated and met without fuss. Our room was delightful, thoughtfully equipped and the dining experience from freshly juiced fruits & vegetables at breakfast through to imaginative menus and well priced wines at dinner made our stay one to remember. We can't wait to return, Thank you to all the lovely staff. N&J Pillon

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NikP59
St Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed for one night as a Valentine's surprise for my fiancee.
The staff were very helpful (despite my frustration at my fiancee's determination to change for dinner in the loo, not knowing a room had been booked for the night!), the room was very comfortable and all the public areas of the hotel were cosy and welcoming.
The Valentine's package was one of the best executed I have ever encountered - champagne and lovely flowers in our room when we arrived and a superb meal.

We're local to the island, and will definitely be back here on a special occasion in future!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 7, which I believe is one of the more modest "Superior" rooms. I underst...

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel was perfect. The room was amazing with a jacuzzi etc. Very clean as well.
When we arrived, a lady welcomed us with a drink and went trough the reservation with us. She told me we had half board. When I heard this I asked her again "Half board?" and after a few minutes I even asked her again "sorry, could you explain me again what we have included?", including breakfast, tea time and dinner. I was surprised because I thought we only had bed&breakfast. The next day when I went to the check out, I received a bill which was £130 more, because we had dinner. I must say the food was good. But they should not tell us we have dinner included if it is not, because I felt really upset the next day. If it would not have been included, we prob would go out and discover the island. This was just a mistake made by staff, besides that, I would really recommend this hotel to everyone, I felt relaxed, taken care of etc. And the rooms really are great and the staff very friendly.

Room Tip: We booked the superior double room, which included the jacuzzi.

1 Thank Eve_LDN
La Haule Manor
La Haule Manor
#1 of 4 in St Aubin
Greenhills Country Hotel

Been to Chateau La Chaire? Share your experiences!