This was our first visit to the hotel since we visited 25 years ago for our honeymoon. The hotel is traditional in terms of décor and the main hotel, grounds and communal rooms are all beautifully decorated and furnished. The restaurant has wonderful oak panelling and a very nice conservatory/breakfast room attached to it. The food is excellent and highly recommended both at dinner and breakfast. Our room was on the top floor of the hotel and we noted that since our original stay, there were signs of wear and tear that take the sparkle of the main hotel away a little. That said, our room was decorated to a high standard but there were signs of modernisation in the room and bathroom which felt like a step away from the hotel's traditional character and feel in places. We would be happier with the rooms following the same traditional decoration and furnishing of the main hotel and would urge the hotel to resist moving towards the stereotypical modern room decoration and stick to the traditional but I accept that others may prefer a more modern style and electrically controlled showers and modern taps etc.
Staff were all very helpful, friendly and competent and we had no issues whatsoever with service in the hotel.
I would certainly consider staying here again if returning to Jersey. You need a hire car, of course, and if steps are a problem for you or you have very young children, this may not be the hotel for you due to elevated setting of the hotel.
If you are looking for a romantic and gastronomic get away in Jersey, it should definitely be on your list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in the 1800’s as a gracious private home, nestled against the cliffs of the wonderful wooded valley of Rozel, the Chateau La Chaire Hotel is now recognised by the major guides as one of the finest small luxury hotels in the British Isles.The hotel offers a range of stylish accommodation, including a spectacular split level suite and many rooms with feature beds such as four posters, private balconies and ensuite spa bathrooms. Luxury Elemis toiletries and soft towelling robes are provided in all rooms together with a host of other extras you would only find in a first class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau La Chaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Chaire Hotel St. Martin
- Chateau La Chaire St Helier
- Chateau La Chaire Jersey/St Martin