All reviews lovely hotel afternoon tea first class garden room small pool high standard half board excellent staff set menu top class relaxing holiday sunday lunch wedding anniversary quiet location every member of staff beautiful garden without exception
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here like a few other reviewers as part of a Groupon deal which included car hire. We were here 2 nights and were very impressed with the hotel - the rooms were very comfortable and have everything you would need. We didn't have dinner in the restaurant but had breakfast, which was very nice - hot food cooked to order and cold items (cereal, yoghurt, croissants, rolls, fruit & juice etc) were layed out as a buffet.
I would recommend hiring a car to get around the island, you get to see so much & as the hotel is a bit out of the way - its more convenient.
We flew with just hand luggage from Gatwick, so it was very quick & easy to get to Jersey.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cloudyhead
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Greenhills through the Groupon national deal. I am so glad the hotel participated in the scheme as it was outstanding value for money. I confirmed the dates with the hotel via email which were answered promptly. I read the reviews on this site before visiting the hotel but arrived with an open mind.

We rented a car with Europcar through the affiliate scheme which went very smoothly; by the time we collected our cases we were sat in the car within 10 mins. I would certainly recommend booking the car hire with the hotel.

In response to the comments about the rooms looking aged, I would say bare in mind this is a 'country' hotel - therefore the floorboards squeak and it's not minimalist - but I loved it. Some beautiful paintings and lovely antique furniture. The bathroom was clean and contemporary, there was a flat screen digital tv and a very comfortable bed. We stayed in Room 7 which didn't have a view but was more than compensated by the size of the room - it had a 3 piece suite and still enough space to swing a cat!

Although we didn't eat in the hotel, we had breakfast both days in the restaurant which appeared to have been recently redecorated very tastefully. The selection at breakfast was excellent as was the quality. Cooked breakfast were made to order and were served promptly.

The staff were faultless throughout our stay. The traditional hotelling approach made us feel very special, the manager was very friendly and the concierge took our baggage to our room (without us feeling like we were obliged to tip) and brought us our complimentary bottle of bubbly.

The hotel is out of town but I wouldn't let it put you off as nothing is too far way as it's a small island. Overall I would 110% recommend this hotel, it was outstanding values for money and I will certainly be recommending it to all my friends and family.

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Dieselsuper
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here on a Groupon deal. The staff are the hotel's best asset. they are lovely, so helpful and polite. Clearly well trained by the management who are always in attendance. Had a garden view suite which was very pleasant, had a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Breakfast was relaxed and a good choice. dinner was very good. Alll in all can't fault it. Would definitely stay here again if we ever came back to Jersey.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank norrisBirmingham
Reviewed 4 April 2012

we recently stayed at this hotel through the groupon deal , lovely setting and i have to say the staff were excellent very welcoming and friendly , the food was also very good , my only critisism was that the rooms are a bit tired and dated although the bathroom was spotlessly clean and the bathrobes a really nice touch , we were really hot in our room and asked for a fan the staff found us one straight away and brought it up to us , if the rooms were brought a bit more up to date this hotel would be perfect !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flygirlBurgessHill
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was our first visit to Jersey and we booked this hotel for a three night stay mainly because there was an offer of free car hire which is not really worth it but the hotel is excellent, the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was wonderful every morning.
We had a very spacious garden room and they made our stay very comfortable. Would recommend this hotel everytime.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple