“Cheap hotel next to beach”
Review of Hotel De Normandie

Hotel De Normandie
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in StSaviour
Sarasota, Florida
“Cheap hotel next to beach”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Across the road from the beach and 5 mins from town, this place is a cheap option. The room was big with flat screen 20in TV. The bed was amazingly comfy. There is tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. The water pressure in the shower is not that good. Round the indoor pool was a bit dated and the pool was very cold, but the jacuzzi was ok. Changing rooms however I would avoid. They are filthy, dark and dingy. The breakfast waiter is unfriendly and abrupt. as is one of the receptionists with ginger hair. The hotel houses single builder type men throughout winter which is off putting if you have children.

Room Tip: Room 97 is big.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights over a weekend. Had a room for three but the first room just a double bed so we moved into a family room. The room we moved into had one towel and one cup for tea/coffee. We had to ask a few times to get more.

Although advertised there is no wifi in the rooms. The ironing room is a disgrace! Dirt and burn marks all over the ironing board and the irons were filthy.

Staff were friendly but this place feels like it has had it's day and is falling into disrepair.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Rory I

Travellers are raving about these StSaviour hotels

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2012

nice location,lovely big clean room,nice cooked breakfast,swimming pool and hot tub,and £23.00 per night! beat that? impossible!
theres no wi-fi in rooms,only in downstairs looby area,but hey for the money i cant fault the place.ample carparking and the staff even take your keys incase your vehicle needs moving.even if it was double the price i would stay here again!

Room Tip: any! great place
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank steve t
northeast england
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Feared the worst after booking this purely because it was the cheapest option (£28 per night) but need not have worried.

Nice big room, flatscreen TV, sea view, lovely cooked breakfast, friendly staff, I really couldn't have asked for more.

Didn't try the restaurant or the pool due to short business stay, so can't comment on those.

It's a little bit out of the main St Helier town centre, but the No18 bus is only £1.40 or so and takes you there in 5mins, or it's a 15-min walk.

Shop, pub and Thai takeaway right next to it if that's your thing, and would definitely stay here if offered the same price again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank markismith50
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

As I arrived early, my room was not ready, but the lovely lady at reception upgraded my room from a single to double. The room was a reasonable size and very clean, as so was the bathroom.

Only 2 minor faults I can make - no WiFi in the rooms, and it was a long walk from my room to reception.

But I was very pleased with the service, cleanliness and friendliness.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Salman A
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Had a fantastic 21st birthday party here,in the Burgundy Room really lovely atmosphere, and we stayed overnight, this Hotel is amazing, staff where so helpful & friendly, couldn't do enough for us, would highly recommend here, thank you for making my birthday so memorable. I am afraid I can't comment on breakfast, as we both missed it, my boyfriend & I, due to being severly hungover.

Room Tip: Sea Room views are great
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Athena E
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I visited Jersey with my family to see my Dad who is terminally ill , we stayed at this hotel as it was close to my Dads home . From the point i booked and explained the situation of my visit , i was amazed at the friendly and helpfulness i recieved . When ever I contacted them on the phone to ask a question or enquire about something it was answered quickly with a noting is to much trouble manner . When we arrived we were greeted and shown to our rooms , which were clean and very comfortable . the breakfast in the morning was superb and the service was always done with a smile ( which all the staff were like) . The swimming pool was great and my young daughter never really wanted to get out . We stayed for three nights and enjoyed our stay, on our last evening we had a meal in the Hotel and it was fantastic a large portion of excellentlly cooked food. As i said it was not a good reason to come to Jersey, but our stay at the Hotel De Normandie made it a lot easier and enjoyable . I will have to return to Jersey soon and I will be staying at the Hotel De Normandie again for certain . Thank you to all the staff .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ian S
Hotel de Norman... J, Manager at Hotel De Normandie, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words on departure and on this website. We are glad that we were able to contribute to your stay in being a memorable one.
Warm regards
Hotel de Normandie Staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near StSaviour
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
#1 of 32 in St Helier
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#6 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Hotel De Normandie? Share your experiences!