I have taken the trouble to remove & resubmit my review of this hotel as 2 months have elapsed since our stay and I wanted to make it clear I have still not received any contact or apology from them which is quite frankly shocking. My husband & I stayed in the 4 poster Longueville Suite for 2 nights Valentines Weekend. Let me make it clear that for the 2 night package in The Premier Longueville Suite we paid just short of £1000. The suite itself was exceptional, stunning period 4 poster bed, beautiful bathroom, lovely little dressing room & relaxing lounge area. We couldn’t fault anything about it. On the first night we enjoyed the 7 course tasting menu with wines which was wonderful with one exception. The soufflé from which my husband got food poisoning. It was burnt on the outside & raw in the middle and I left mine. The lady at the table next to us sent hers back, quoting the same reason. And the couple at the table across from us also complained about theirs. Unfortunately my husband had already eaten half of it before he realised. To say he was violently sick all night & most of the next day is an understatement, he was unable to have breakfast which of course was included & unable to struggle out of bed until 3pm in the afternoon. I did inform reception and the restaurant in person & whist the lovely staff were very kind & polite I was extremely surprised in a 5* hotel not to receive a call or visit from either the manager or head chef. Let me say when we stayed in another Relais & Chateaux hotel in Italy several years ago (pre my Trip advisor days!) i had severe sunburn (clearly no fault of the hotel) and the manager called my room to see if i wanted a doctor & sent me cream from the Spa!!???). The more people i have told about our stay at Longuevile Manor over the past 2 months the more people have been amazed that nobody to this day has contacted us. My poor husband did attempt to struggle down for dinner the second night as we had a 6 course Valentines Meal booked & paid for. He had to drink mineral water though & left the majority of his food which the staff commented on. As massive foodies this was incredibly disappointing, especially as the food was amazing. My meal, I have to say, was wonderful. My husband felt to ill to sit and have after dinner drinks & enjoy the beautiful lounge & Harp player & I had to ask the restaurant to send my coffee up to the room so he could go back to bed. They were giving out Roses to the ladies with coffee and they even sent a waitress up to our room to give me a rose as we had to go to bed so early. They were incredibly apologetic, helpful & really lovely, but again no call or visit from the manager or head chef. This is a stunning hotel, the room was beautiful, the service was great, the food with 1 obvious exception was amazing, shame we unfortunately couldn’t enjoy it as much due to my hubby being unwell. This hotel absolutely warrants its 5 * rating unlike Jersey' other alleged 5* hotel. My only grievance is that due to an error on the part of the chef my husband was unable to enjoy the experience. I am a Nurse & my husband is a member of medical staff at the hospital so we remain in no doubt as to his diagnosis. My husband was actually off work the rest of the week with gastroenteritis as a result of severe food poisoning. That aside this is a beautiful hotel, its just such a shame, whilst it delivered on most levels I always think its how a hotel deals with a problem that shows their true customer service. We still haven’t had an apology, even an email from the hotel which is quite shocking. All in all it was an expensive weekend in bed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with the recent addition of The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands