“Lovely 5* Hotel just lacking in 5* Management Approach.”
Review of Longueville Manor

Longueville Manor
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in StSaviour
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Lovely 5* Hotel just lacking in 5* Management Approach.”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have taken the trouble to remove & resubmit my review of this hotel as 2 months have elapsed since our stay and I wanted to make it clear I have still not received any contact or apology from them which is quite frankly shocking. My husband & I stayed in the 4 poster Longueville Suite for 2 nights Valentines Weekend. Let me make it clear that for the 2 night package in The Premier Longueville Suite we paid just short of £1000. The suite itself was exceptional, stunning period 4 poster bed, beautiful bathroom, lovely little dressing room & relaxing lounge area. We couldn’t fault anything about it. On the first night we enjoyed the 7 course tasting menu with wines which was wonderful with one exception. The soufflé from which my husband got food poisoning. It was burnt on the outside & raw in the middle and I left mine. The lady at the table next to us sent hers back, quoting the same reason. And the couple at the table across from us also complained about theirs. Unfortunately my husband had already eaten half of it before he realised. To say he was violently sick all night & most of the next day is an understatement, he was unable to have breakfast which of course was included & unable to struggle out of bed until 3pm in the afternoon. I did inform reception and the restaurant in person & whist the lovely staff were very kind & polite I was extremely surprised in a 5* hotel not to receive a call or visit from either the manager or head chef. Let me say when we stayed in another Relais & Chateaux hotel in Italy several years ago (pre my Trip advisor days!) i had severe sunburn (clearly no fault of the hotel) and the manager called my room to see if i wanted a doctor & sent me cream from the Spa!!???). The more people i have told about our stay at Longuevile Manor over the past 2 months the more people have been amazed that nobody to this day has contacted us. My poor husband did attempt to struggle down for dinner the second night as we had a 6 course Valentines Meal booked & paid for. He had to drink mineral water though & left the majority of his food which the staff commented on. As massive foodies this was incredibly disappointing, especially as the food was amazing. My meal, I have to say, was wonderful. My husband felt to ill to sit and have after dinner drinks & enjoy the beautiful lounge & Harp player & I had to ask the restaurant to send my coffee up to the room so he could go back to bed. They were giving out Roses to the ladies with coffee and they even sent a waitress up to our room to give me a rose as we had to go to bed so early. They were incredibly apologetic, helpful & really lovely, but again no call or visit from the manager or head chef. This is a stunning hotel, the room was beautiful, the service was great, the food with 1 obvious exception was amazing, shame we unfortunately couldn’t enjoy it as much due to my hubby being unwell. This hotel absolutely warrants its 5 * rating unlike Jersey' other alleged 5* hotel. My only grievance is that due to an error on the part of the chef my husband was unable to enjoy the experience. I am a Nurse & my husband is a member of medical staff at the hospital so we remain in no doubt as to his diagnosis. My husband was actually off work the rest of the week with gastroenteritis as a result of severe food poisoning. That aside this is a beautiful hotel, its just such a shame, whilst it delivered on most levels I always think its how a hotel deals with a problem that shows their true customer service. We still haven’t had an apology, even an email from the hotel which is quite shocking. All in all it was an expensive weekend in bed!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Bella00Emma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We recently spent three nights at Longueville Manor and it was impeccable. The owner and staff were so helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. The food is superb and the whole place has such a relaxed feel about it. Would not hesitate to have a return trip.

Room Tip: When booking ask about the bathroom facilities - we were a little disappointed to find that we had a...
Bucks
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had a 4 night break at the Longueville. Lovely hotel, excellent staff, highly recommended.

Great VFM.

MJG123

Manchester
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at Longueville Manor in Jersey, and had a fantastic time. The room was amazing with a super king bed, living area, patio, and big bathroom. The food food was same as a Michellin star restaurant and the staff were friendlyand helpful.

It isn't the cheapest place to go to, but well worth it for a special occassion.

We look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: We got a deal for dinner bed and breakfast. There are different dinner menus so make sure you get...
2 Thank thegirlsaway
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you're looking for perfection then look no further.

The Hotel is a delight. You feel comfortable from the minute you arrive.

The Manager and his staff are to be congratulated. A rare seamless blend of friendliness and professionalism. The food is simply delightful.

It is difficult to add to what has already been said but we would like to say congratulations and a very big thank you to the whole team for making our stay such a wonderful experience.

If you think I'm overdoing this the all I can say is go there and try it yourself!

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

When I want to be nurtured, wrapped in comfort, fed fabulous food and want a memorable evening, I choose the restaurant at Longueville Manor (we live nearby). Last week we had a really special evening of private celebration and the week before I took my niece on an Auntie/Niece date to a charity hat event and luncheon. I love this place, it can be grand and it can also be like your favourite country house.

Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I spent a long weekend at the Longueville Manor Hotel with friends to celebrate birthday. I was a bit underwhelmed by the location of the hotel as I was expecting it to be somewhere more secluded. However, the grounds were very pleasant, the staff were exceptionally welcoming and friendly. The room was spacious although a bit dated but it faced the road and it was a bit noisy. I had difficulty sleeping on the bed ( but that could just be me ). Cooked breakfast was average and the continental selection was adequate. The afternoon tea was excellent. I also had the chance to enjoy one evening meal that was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank TT_Daventry
Also consider these accommodations in or near StSaviour
Hotel La Place
#1 of 4 in St Aubin
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#2 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Longueville Manor? Share your experiences!