“Serene hotel in beautifull grounds .”
Review of Longueville Manor

Longueville Manor
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in StSaviour
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Wonderfull calm situation -beautifull decor and very well maintained . Staff although in the main foreign were the best and most attentive and kind . Restaurants were excellent and choice was as expected and well presented .No problem in recommending this Hotel to anyone .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank colintimms

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at the Longueville manor for a long weekend. We could not have enjoyed our stay any more. The rooms and the food are absolutely superb and every since member of staff from Bar staff to the waiting staff to the chefs could not do more for you. 5 Star service and food, a very enjoyable stay. Would highly recommend this hotel for a luxurious break.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

A really very special hotel with first class service, I couldnt have chosen a better place to stay for my first visit to the Island. Travelling alone with my dog, we had a room at the front of the hotel with doors out to the patio and grounds. The room was cosy with a large bathroom, closet and very confortable bed. There was fresh fruit every day, stunning orchids in full bloom and touches such as a candle in the bathroom, robe and slippers which all added to the relaxed atmosphere. The grounds were immaculate, the kitchen garden just beautiful, the glimpse of a red squirel or two adding to the magic. My dog very much enjoyed the morning strolls accross the lawns and out into the woods as did I. The pool was heated to the perfect temperature, the attentive staff serving what ever you fancy poolside and my dog was also allowed to sit and relax with me.

The hotel buildings are beautifully decorated throughout and has a lovely, relaxed feel. Not stuffy at all. he restaurant promised to be exceptional and it didn't disappoint. I could not fault anything that was served through out my week long stay. I also had visitors join me for twice for dinner as they were so wow'ed the first time and didn't want to miss a second opportunity to dine at Longueville. The restaurant runs incredibly efficiently whether it is breakfast or dinner service. The staff are all incredible and the service that they provided was second to none.

There was nothing that was too much trouble for the staff. We had a no show from a taxi the morning of the airshow and couldn't get another. Before we knew it, Pedro had arranged for one of the staff to drive us down to St Helier. Just one example of going the extra mile. I very much enjoyed Michael's cocktails - up there with the best. All the staff are what made my stay so special.

Overall the hotel exceeded my expectations. I will return!

Room Tip: If you are upset by traffic noise, ask for a room at the back of the hotel. There was no air con i...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank TheTravellingBearUK
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Really good place to spend a special occasion. From the moment we arrived we were reffered to by name by almost all staff. The room was really nice, with Champagne and a large bouquet of flowers. The food was amazing each night was like an episode from masterchef. Yes it is expensive but you get what you pay for, if you want to be treated like royalty then this is the place to be in Jersey.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAtkiss
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed at Longueville Manor with my mum in June 2012. I am a travel agent and was here on a short trip to Jersey through work.
First impressions of the hotel is 'Wow' as you drive up the driveway! Upon arrival we was greeted and quickly checked in.
Our room was very spacious with a fairly large bathroom with views out to the pool area and gardens.
Unfortunately the weather in Jersey was hideous and we was unable to use the pool area and only quickly walked around the gardens in the evening.
On our first night we decided to have dinner in the hotels casual dining restaurant. We both had a starter (soup & prawn cocktail) & a burger each and the bill was extortionate (cannot quite remember how much, nearing £80.00) and this was only the casual restaurant!
The staff at the hotel cannot do enough for you! An example of this was at breakfast I had to take a work call and came back in to find a brand new English breakfast waiting for me as mine had got cold (no additional charge)
Unfortunately our 3 night trip was cut short due to a family emergency, but I certainly saw enough to make a good judgment!
Overall its a beautiful hotel, mainly suiting mature couples and friends. A car is definently recommended as you are a good 10/15 minute drive into St Helier.
The staff are ridiculously helpful and I would recommend this hotel to my clients!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool & gardens
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Sunlover9267
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Wow! What a lovely hotel - we could not have chosen better for our first trip to Jersey. Be assured we will return - hopefully many times.

My problem is - where to start? What to focus on? There is so much that is lovely about this hotel - from the very comfortable beds (I want one of those mattresses - best nights' sleep I have had in any hotel and much, much more comfy than the beds at the Westin Grande in Berlin that boasts its beds are the most comfortable anywhere in the world - I disagree), tastefully decorated rooms (luxurious bathroom with clever lighting - turn up high and it's perfect for applying make-up - dim down low for a relaxing soak in the bath or middle of the night trip to the loo so that the light doesn't wake you too much) to the helpful and cheerful international staff who are attentive, providing a very high end service, but with a sense of humour and a refreshing, relaxed manner. Knowledgeable about the food and wine, the local area and history without any hint of snobbery. Will not single out any member of staff because they are all worthy of high praise, from the Managing Director to the doorman and groundskeepers, housekeepers and maintenance crew. However I do have to say that the bar staff produce the best Singapore Sling and Long Island Iced Tea that we have ever tasted ANYWHERE in the world. I may have said this in a review of another hotel in the past - but these guys are now the champions.

As for the food - well - award winning says the brochure. So it should be! I'm sure I have seen their Executive Head Chef on T.V. The whole catering team deserve to be on t.v. If you love fine dining - head to Longuevile. Cheese lovers and connoirseurs beware - you could eat cheese every day for a week and still not sample all the choices. As for the deserts - you wont go home any lighter - and who would want to diet with such a beautifully prepared and served menu. Breakfast as well is a delightful of array of choice from continental - English and all perfectly cooked and served.

The grounds - all sixteen acres of it - are a delightful haven. An early mornig stroll after breakfast - we were spellbound to see red squirrells (so rare on here in mainland Britain).

The main building, which dates back to the 14th century, is very cleverly furnsihed and decorated, managing to combine the old and the modern to a most comfortable and relaxing affect. We would love to be at the hotel in the winter when the huge open fire in the bar lounge might be lit. Cosy, comfortable modern sofas and chairs alongside antique and elegant touches. As for the Oak room (main restaurant) - spectacular carved oak panelling - which I believe came from a Spanish ship from the Jacobean era (please correct me if I have that wrong) - but again a fine balance of antique and modern decor that feels warm, welcoming and relaxing. The less formal garden room is nicely done but lacks the intamacy of the Oak Room.

If you are a gardener - prepare to be envious of the kitchen garden (which supplies seasonal vegetables to the restaurant). In the greenhouse as well there is much to see and drool over (if like us you love gardening but cannot match Longueville for space - it's a garden I would make sacrifices for).

The pool area is also relaxed, informal and nicely furnished - although we didn't swim on this visit so cannot comment on the pool itself - although it looked very clean and well maintained.

Although a small island - Jersey has much to offer - and whatever your interests are - Longueville staff will be able to point you in the right direction. Jersey is probably the cleanest place I have ever visited - from the streets everywhere to the public facilities.
Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ground floor patio rooms are great - but if you are likely to be upset by traffic noise ask for one...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reddragonlady
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at Longueville Manor recently for our honeymoon and couldn't have made a better choice of hotel. The staff were excellent with a keen eye for detail and made you feel very welcome whilst retaining a high professional standard. The grounds are superb and well kept. Our room was at the back of the house overlooking the pool and we were upgraded for our honeymoon which was lovely! The bathroom was beautiful and we had a wonderfully comfortable bed. It was the most peaceful of settings and whether you are in a romantic mood or not, you could not fail to relax and wind down in the stylish and calm atmosphere which eminates from every pore of the building. If I had to be picky, and it has been very hard to find any fault at all, it would be that I would prefer tea/coffee facilities in the room as standard, although I do understand that as the service is 5* it is also very nice to have tea served in your room also, I would have preferred not to have to ask but this is a personal preference. It was however a truly energising experience and I would not hesitate to recommen Longueville to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area are wonderfully peaceful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hester72
Also consider these accommodations in or near StSaviour
Hotel La Place
#1 of 30 in St Helier
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
#2 of 30 in St Helier

Been to Longueville Manor? Share your experiences!