We spent 3 days in Jersey early November - and it was a first visit to both the island and the hotel.
The deal was booked through a Telegraph package and included flights, car hire on the island and 3 nights at Longueville Manor. It wasn't by any means cheap but having spent only a few hours there, it was easy to see why ... and it was worth every single penny.
On arrival at the hotel, it was a chilly but dry Winter afternoon and as we drove through the stone gates, the house had lots of warm yellow lights on and enormous storm lanterns outside with big chunky cream candles. It looked delightful not to mention welcoming.
As soon as we drove up to the front door we were greeted by a cheery smile, the doors opened, our bags removed from the boot and the keys taken from us to park the car and on arrival at the reception desk, the greeting was just as warm and cheery.
Our room was the Princess Grace suite (I think we just struck lucky there!) and it was a joy. It looked as though it had been recently refurbished and was very big, stylish, had a big bath tub in the main bedroom as well as a huge shower in the bathroom and the 3 nights we spent there were fantastic.
The staff, without exception are just delightful and the service and food are superb. We had the casual dining one evening, had dinner one night in the restaurant and had room service another night (so I could watch Downton Abbey!) and all were excellent.
The communal areas are comfy, cosy and spacious - and there always seemed to be a corner somewhere to have an afternoon cup of tea and biscuits.
The grounds to the hotel looked lovely and I imagine in the Summer the gardens are stunning and the hotel pool would be very inviting.
I'd recommend Longueville without hesitation and wouldn't want to visit Jersey again without staying there.
If you're thinking of a visit - don't hesitate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands