“Just Perfect”
Review of Longueville Manor

Longueville Manor
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in StSaviour
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Whenever possible I like to be balanced in my reviews of places we have stayed at but in this case I cannot keep be at all balanced. We could simply find nothing but perfection with the hotel, the staff and the food at this fantastic hotel, five well deserved stars that is for sure.

From the moment we stepped into the entrance the service was excellent, even to the extent that the porter called me by name without asking me who I was! Checking in at reception was more akin to be welcomed into a new job as the complete process was conducted sitting at a desk in a small area off the foyer.

We were fortunate to be upgraded to what I think was a Deluxe room on the first floor overlooking the gardens, pool and a lake. We had ample room with a separate area for TV (plus Blue Ray player) a small dressing area and a large bathroom with separate shower. I have to say also that the bed was the best we have ever slept in, waking each day without the usual aches and pains!!!

We had purchased a "gourmet package" which provided dinner each evening of our three day stay. These meals added to the fantastic breakfast is responsible for the extra four pounds I have added to my waistline but what a way to add it! Our meals were fabulous, the wines (expensive as would be expected) were excellent and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff has to be commended. Whilst at times things seemed very formal it was somehow also relaxed and once you got used to be waited on "hand and foot" then it was a joy to simply sit and have fun.

I have read some nit picking complaints here none of which can be taken seriously and I did hear one very irate red faced blustering hotel guest complaining about some trivial matter during the course of the three day stay but again, he seemed to be someone who would complain about the weather and blame the hotel.

I would suggest looking for a good deal as we managed to get flights and a car hire all included for a crazy price that I am going to keep to myself in case it becomes to well known.

We even received a signed copy of the Hotels award winning Chef, Andrew Baird's book - "Recipes from the Sea".

Would we go again? Oh yes we would and we are already looking ahead to next year for our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear have a lovely view of the grounds, pool and ducks!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I don't usually write reviews but we are on honeymoon here at Longueville Manor. The hotel is amazing staff our friendly and always give the highest level of service. The rooms are fantastic so comfortable and well decorated. I really can not explain how fantastic this hotel is. Do yourself a treat and book to stay here right now I promise you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 14 May 2013

If you want a fantastic hotel where nothing is too much trouble then this is the hotel for you. Plenty of staff to do anything you wish but they are not intrusive at all and very friendly. I have just spent three wonderful days for my milestone birthday and could not have wished for a better place to stay. Right from pulling up in the hire car to leaving, the staff were very attentive. The room although a standard classic double, at the front was very clean had everything you could wish and extremely comfortable.i would love to go back and upgrade! Everything about the hotel is first class from the food which was exquisite to the beautiful grounds and lounge. Yes the price is pricey but I urge you to go and experience this wonderful hotel and staff.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We spent 4 days in this lovely hotel, and as first impressions are always very important, ours were really positive. Everybody was really friendly and welcoming and made sure we have everything we asked for. We even got upgraded upon arrival. My favourite part of the hotel has to be the pool area and the garden which is so peaceful and elegant and inviting and everything :)
If i have a chance to go back to Jersey again I would love to stay at Longueville again. Every single person of the staff went out of their way to make sure we feel at home and welcome.

ps: Beach tip for anyone who visits the island, go to Plemont beach! its amazing!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had a family function on Saturday 11 th may ,it was fantastic .The management and staff are wonderful nothing was too much trouble and they are extremely helpful and professional .The dinner for 22 people was amazing the choice was great and quality the best you could get . This is a beautiful place to stay in jersey a peace of heaven not far from town .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great hotel , excellent service and the food is very good , no complaints whatsoever. Very comfortable . You pay for what you get so drinks a little pricey but normal for 5 star. Bedrooms spacious and very clean all round .

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I like to choose a Relais & Chateaux hotel when I can as I have found them to be generally excellent and this was no exception. The staff were a cut above, from top to bottom. Our room was spacious but not one that has been refurbished recently I think as it was a little old fashioned and not as stylish as those that appear in the photographs. Some of the furniture was old and very nice, the more recent less so. The bathroom was also a good size and much better lit than is often the case. The plastic corner bath was fine despite that but the shower cubicle not so good. All in all a good room that will be even better once its turn arrives to be refurbished although that might be some way away as the condition was good.

The public areas have clearly been redone to a very high standard and were very stylish as was the pool area. However the worst part of the Hotel by far was the garden room which was dark (and I'm not referring to the panelled oak room leading in to it which has to be dark in view of the dark oak paneling), and the wall paper was dirty. This room could be very nice if the ceiling was replaced, similarly the four false chimney breasts that don't even reach to the ceiling and perhaps the opening to the very attractive garden opened up further. Also the tables were of poor quality and under supported so wobbled. The worst of it is you are stuck in this room for breakfast lunch (although not much used for lunch) and dinner so you can't avoid it, not that you would want to from the eating point of view as the food was always of a very high standard.

I know I have gone on about the garden room at great length but it is so frustrating seeing such a lovely hotel dragged down by such an awful room. With the owners sense of style I am sure they are aware of this and as soon as it has been made over I will increase the rating. Would I still return despite this? Yes if soon but not if it remained the same for anything other than the short term as it would annoy me too much!

Room Tip: I would ask for one overlooking the rear as the views are beautiful and also for a refurbished room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near StSaviour
Hotel La Place
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#1 of 32 in St Helier
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Longueville Manor? Share your experiences!