Whenever possible I like to be balanced in my reviews of places we have stayed at but in this case I cannot keep be at all balanced. We could simply find nothing but perfection with the hotel, the staff and the food at this fantastic hotel, five well deserved stars that is for sure.
From the moment we stepped into the entrance the service was excellent, even to the extent that the porter called me by name without asking me who I was! Checking in at reception was more akin to be welcomed into a new job as the complete process was conducted sitting at a desk in a small area off the foyer.
We were fortunate to be upgraded to what I think was a Deluxe room on the first floor overlooking the gardens, pool and a lake. We had ample room with a separate area for TV (plus Blue Ray player) a small dressing area and a large bathroom with separate shower. I have to say also that the bed was the best we have ever slept in, waking each day without the usual aches and pains!!!
We had purchased a "gourmet package" which provided dinner each evening of our three day stay. These meals added to the fantastic breakfast is responsible for the extra four pounds I have added to my waistline but what a way to add it! Our meals were fabulous, the wines (expensive as would be expected) were excellent and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff has to be commended. Whilst at times things seemed very formal it was somehow also relaxed and once you got used to be waited on "hand and foot" then it was a joy to simply sit and have fun.
I have read some nit picking complaints here none of which can be taken seriously and I did hear one very irate red faced blustering hotel guest complaining about some trivial matter during the course of the three day stay but again, he seemed to be someone who would complain about the weather and blame the hotel.
I would suggest looking for a good deal as we managed to get flights and a car hire all included for a crazy price that I am going to keep to myself in case it becomes to well known.
We even received a signed copy of the Hotels award winning Chef, Andrew Baird's book - "Recipes from the Sea".
Would we go again? Oh yes we would and we are already looking ahead to next year for our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with the recent addition of The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands