This is a great hotel, in its favour are
Location, it's close enough to St Helier to walk in (we did not). It is off the main road, with good car parking.
Surrounds - good gardens, pool and walled kitchen garden, as well plenty of woodlands to walk through.
Service - outstanding, great friendly staff, who are there when you want them and are discrete at other times. The Bar staff are brilliant.
Restaurant - we have separately reviewed this and it is great, in addition you can have "casual" dining, and bar food.
Rooms - ours was very good, with a sitting area, and a DVD player with CD/DVDs in the room. Good storage hanging space and a large bathroom, and separate shower.
We were upgraded on arrival, which is always welcome, but may have been the cause of our view of the differences between great and outstanding. We had flagged with the travel agent that I was extremely allergic to feathers, and this was on the booking between the agent and the tour company. The travel agent also undertook to advise the hotel directly prior to arrival ( we can only assume that they did), but the new room had feather pillows and cushions. The hotel were happy to change this as soon as we asked, exit 4 pillows and 10 cushions!
However this is where we think the difference is - just because we suffer from allergies it does not mean we do not like to sink into a large pillow,which folds around you and provides support. Instead we were given the hotel standard foam pillow, which is really a brick or apiece of 4 by 2 timber in a white cover.
Outstanding hotels have a supply of hypoallergenic pillows which provide the advantages of feathers without the allergic reaction.
As I said this is a strictly personal view and many people would rate the hotel as outstanding, and in many ways this would not be unreasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with the recent addition of The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands