Booked a package through secret escapes for 4 nights which was quite expensive but the hotel a 5* treat. Hotel lovely, set in gorgeous grounds but nothing around the hotel except housing and car sales pitches so nowhere to walk to. Interior of the hotel very nice and a cosy feel to it with log fire in the bar area. Bedroom very comfortable. However our package included breakfast which was not good. We were made to feel like second class citizens being offered either one sausage or one rasher of bacon, an egg and half a tomato with one slice of very bland toast. The offering looked very lost on the plate ! To upgrade the breakfast would cost an additional £7 to include fruit and croissants and to add any extras to our offering was £3 per item for a tablespoon of beans. It was so tasteless that we decided to eat out the following morning. Also the breakfast staff were definitely not 5* as when the waiter bought our tea he decided to collect all the rubbish on our tray from the cereal area so amongst our tea cups were empty cornflake packets etc. Decided that we wouldn't eat in the restaurant at night after sampling the breakfast so very surprised to read the other very positive reviews and can only conclude it must be a different chef in the evening. Enjoyed the hotel itself but not the food so didn't leave raving about the experience at all which is very short-sighted of the hotel as the extra food would not have cost them much and I am sure they have an excess. Loved Jersey and can recommend visiting Durrell Zoo and the many seaside resorts which are unspoilt. Lots of lovely restaurants in St Helier to sample but you need to take a taxi from the hotel which adds to the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with the recent addition of The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands