I booked a 3nt break thru Voyage Privee, paid extra for HB and got a great deal including car rental and flights. The hotel looks like an impressive country manor house on arrival, fountain in the front lawn and sweeping drive. We were greeted by a staff member (who was always there rain or shine with or without a brolly) to help us inside. Check in was attentive and without us even knowing our bags were delivered to our room whilst we had lunch in the bar on comfy sofas opposite a log fire. We had the most amazing surprise when upgraded to The Tower Suite which was beautifully decorated in a kind of Laura Ashley grey and white theme - contemporary and immaculate. There was a hall with plenty of closet space plus iron iron board, safe, fridge, hairdryer, brolly etc. The bedroom was glass and same grey and white theme and an enormous bed and sumptuous duvet and pillows, which they were happy to change mine for firmer ones (had neck op) no problem at all. The bathroom was large with a colour therapy shower, double sinks and massive oval half egg bath and the benefit of Ren toiletries. There were tvs in all the rooms (yes bathroom too) plus iPod players in bedroom and lounge. the ground floor suite opens onto a patio right close by the pool (heated in summer and xmas day) so a summer break would be amazing. The rooms were spotlessly maintained throughout our stay The grounds are lovely and quite large to walk to see the beehive and kitchen garden etc. We can't fault the service - very personal and attentive - nothing too much trouble. The food amazing, beautifully presented and just enough - cheese bard spectacular (small supplement) and drinks - great choice cocktails and wines - after dinner coffee and petit fours small supplement. I don't eat fish or sea food which features heavily on the menu but as i had emailed in advance they offered me extra dishes not on the menu and made special provisions to mix and match me between menus for no extra charge. The breakfast full English and buffet again amazing. We witnessed the afternoon tea as some clearly well to do locals call in to pay for F&Bs and it looked scrumptious! There were 2 dining rooms the oak one or the garden room (which er preferred) and loads of sitting areas and cosy corners - all highlighted with candles in lanterns giving a wonderful ambiance and this continued to outside the front door as a welcome. Interestingly some locals also stayed there for the odd night out as a treat and we were assured by a few locals it was the best hotel on the island. if I was to critic anything negative - they don't add a compulsory service charge on the final bill. It is impossible to tip individuals as there were not the same staff across all days and nights plus all without exception were amazingly personal and attentive. They made our trip special in every way - little touches like remembering the table we liked for dinner and what wines we had - even sharing with the next staff so there was a continuous seamless service. I would have liked hand wash and hand cream in the bathroom - they had in the general wash rooms but not in our suite. There was soap and body wash but no hand cream. When you order tea you get a lovely large tea pot - plenty enough to share and have several cups each! The table dote menu when we went was £20 and A la Carte £40. If you mix and match they charge a little supplement onto the Table D'hote. The only other negative was the large amount of cigarette butts around the tree outside the entrance to the wing where our suite was - nasty - there should be some sort of ashtray there as there is outside the front door. We will be back - got to save hard for that Tower Suite - loved it and spoilt now! We've told so many people they must go too - luxury - perfect for anytime but especially special occasions. Thank you to all the staff for making it a lovely time and trust me i am very critical as used to manage sales teams in retail travel and seen many hotels globally in my 35 years in the trade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with the recent addition of The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands