“Totally happy customers”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in StSaviour
Manchester
“Totally happy customers”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have just returned from a four night stay at Longueville Manor and I am happy to say it lived up to our expectancies. We had a room with a small garden at the front of the hotel but unlike another reviewer we never found it noisy at all. We had a very comfortable bed, a total must for me. The bathroom was huge and excellent toiletries. If I had to be really picky I found the shower door awkward to open and the bath needed to have handles on for safety but apart from that one tiny thing I couldn't fault it. We did have tea and coffee provided in our room and a fridge as well, a tip, ask for this prior to your visit. The staff were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable about Jersey and the service in the dining room spot on. The food and service excellent. We definitely would recommend the hotel and will hopefully return one day.

Room Tip: As before we asked for a service tray and coffee and tea were provided also a small fridge. We staye...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed for a long weekend at this hotel from the 14th to the 17th june & this is the only time that I have ever felt the need to write a review for any hotel or destination we have been to ! We have been to many..

What a wonderful hotel this was, it ticks all the boxes you could ever want to be ticked, the staff were fantastic, the room of which we were given a upgrade to a deluxe room was brilliant, the location was just right & the food was second to none...
we are a mid fortys couple & found the other guests were mixed in age so a nice age range..

we found the staff so accommodating that they were more than helpful & are such a bonus to this hotel & made the weekend even more special...

A hotel that stands above the rest on jersey & I would not hesitate to recommend to family & friends...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jersey, UK
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Living in Jersey and liking decent food means we have visited Longuevilleany times, but have only recently stayed there.
The restaurant is very good, in a safe, traditional, silver service way. The menu majors on Jersey produce, seafood in particular. Favourites include pork in several guises, the fruits de mer, and various soufflés. You get the picture. The wine list is excellent, and has a good selection of half bottles, which is great when there is wildly different food ordered by different guests. The weekday lunch set menu is fantastic value, and delivered with all the bells and whistles of the full priced a la carte.

However, our overnight accommodation and breakfast were a let down. The De Luxe rooms was pleasant enough, but the furniture was dated and a bit worn, the plain coloured carpet stained and the bathroom spacious but a bit scruffy. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was disappointing. The cooked food was tepid, and the sausage undercooked. The cold buffet is outstanding, and fresh orange juice is spot on...and it is fresh.

To complete our culinary experience at Longueville we recently had a champagne afternoon tea, which was really good.

I must say that our experience of the staff is that they are extremely attentive and well trained.

So,it's four out of five across the whole experience at Longueville. Excellent food, except breakfast, but tired bedrooms.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jerseyman1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I tried to find something to fault with this hotel. The only thing I can say is that we had to go home
To give an example within 5mins of booking on line and in the booking asking for flowers for my wife the hotel rang to confirm what sort of flowers

Service is understated but perfect and unlike other luxury hotels they are modest with it. Summed up by one of the waiters who said I am always learning

Yes it's costly but the whole package lives up to the price so it's still good value for money

Come here and enjoy being made to feel special no matter who you are royalty or a nobody you are treated as a special guest

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Colin S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Immaculate gardens, impeccable service, and exquisite communal parts, yes. I just wish I'd also known before booking a £475 room (about the price of the Ritz in London and not far off the Four Seasons in New York) the following, which I hope will be helpful to other potential guests.

1. It's on a busy main road, which means that rooms at the front of the building have significant traffic noise all day long.
2. The traffic noise would be tolerable if one could keep the windows shut, but as there's......
3. No air conditioning (even in the newer parts of the hotel), it becomes stiflingly hot with shut windows. I can only imagine what that room must be like in August. You'd have to choose between traffic or heat
4. UPVC windows that don't open without substantial brute force.
5. There is no gym, spa or fitness centre of any kind, which isn't for want of land/space, making this the single most expensive gym-less/spa-less hotel I've ever stayed in.
6. There is no kettle/coffee/tea in the room, again making this the most expensive kettle-less hotel I've ever stayed in. Yes, there's room service, if you want to pay for it, but sometimes I don't want the intrusion of someone coming into my room with a cup of tea when I'm in my pyjamas. I'm sure the hotel would have given me a kettle if I'd asked - they're very obliging - but that's not the point: in a hotel of this calibre, it should just be there.
7. I'm not sure I've stayed in another hotel of this alleged calibre that has plastic baths.
8. The very elegantly designed restaurant plays incongruous pop chart hits, the very same ones, every day, at breakfast. I like David Guetta and Calvin Harris as much as the next person, but not in a Relais & Chateaux hotel at breakfast. It just sounds tacky.
9. Breakfast is very variable; great bacon one day, strips of leather the next. The croissants weren't variable; they were consistently tough and chewy (microwaved, perhaps), which is probably why they weren't consumed, as most guests probably cottoned on.
10. If you do stay, check the electrics, as the dimmer switch in my bathroom was faulty/flickering. It's a common enough flaw, usually down to an old transformer.
11. And if you do stay, there'll be a delightful spray left on your pillow at night. A lovely idea, except it's riddled with scary-sounding chemicals and - on an island famous for its lavender - is made in China. I'll post a picture of it here.

My bottom line: it's beautiful, but it's not Ritz beautiful. Service levels are very high, but there are a heap of flaws, signs of the property being unloved, needing a serious update, and the facilities really don't merit the price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the house if you want to keep your windows open, as you'll have sign...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank Azim N
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned home after spending a week at the Longueville manor. This is our fourth visit in 2 years. We cannot praise the management and staff enough. They cannot do enough to help you. The food is excellent, the room spacious overlooking the rear gardens. We will certainly be coming back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peter o
Also consider these accommodations in or near StSaviour
Hotel La Place
#1 of 4 in St Aubin
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
#2 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Longueville Manor? Share your experiences!