We stayed in this hotel for my 50th birthday. We arrived after a long ferry ride from Portsmouth, our home city, and were delighted to get to the hotel within 15 minutes. Someone was there immediately to greet us and help us with our bags and even park the car. We were told that we had been upgraded from a deluxe suite to a superior suite. Our room was 29, Uncle Walter. On entering the room you couldn't fail to notice how hot it was. We were on the top floor so had the heat from the roof. I opened the windows. We had a view of the pool and were told we could swim any time we liked. We found an electric fan in the cupboard which helped with the heat a bit. The quilt was quite a heavy one on the bed. They may have changed it had we asked but we made do.
The staff were great and were always on hand to help us.
The pool area was lovely and clean.
I can't fault the breakfast. There is plenty of food laid out and they bring you a menu so you can order a full breakfast or something else if you prefer. During our stay the dining room was completely decorated. We came down one morning and it was done. The next morning there were all new chairs. All this was done with no disruption that we could see.
We never heard any road traffic as we were in the back of the hotel. Although it is on a main road we felt safe enough to leave the windows open all day and night. Sometimes we came back to find them shut and one day someone had put on the electric towel heaters!
We never had dinner at the restaurant so I can't comment on this. We were asked several times if we would like to book a table, so it seems there was always space.
The only reason I haven't given the hotel 5 stars is because there is no air conditioning. I am sure the rooms on lower floors would not be so affected by the heat.
As others have mentioned Pedro does an amazing job of looking after this hotel and his staff are a tribute to him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longueville Manor is the Channel Island's most highly acclaimed hotel and restaurant. It is the only AA Five Red Star hotel and the sole member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux luxury hotel collection. This delightfully refurbished Jersey manor house has 30 beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites. Together with The Cottage Garden, a luxurious boutique spa, the property is now recognised as one of Europe's most celebrated getaway destinations. Guests are offered the warmest of welcomes, a home from home atmosphere from arrival to departure together with superior yet understated service. With an impressive attention to detail, the hotel is a haven of luxury and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Longueville Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longueville Manor St Saviour
- Hotel Longueville Manor
- Longueville Manor Jersey, Channel Islands