The Pallot Steam, Motor & General Museum
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Trinity
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wasn't expecting too much but how mistaken. It's rammed with interesting stuff of all shapes and sizes. Managed to spend 3 hrs here with a 6 and 4 year old.
I do have a mechanical interest which probably helped but with a reasonable entrance fee it's one for everyone.

1  Thank Peter477

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Such a huge collection of interesting things, from massive steam rollers and a locomotive (they fire this up and run it on Thursdays), down to an eight-track car stereo player from the 70s/80s (did anyone really think they were a good idea?). Brings it home when you see your mum's washing machine that you remember from childhood! Having 'Steam and Motor' in the title might put some of the ladies off (at the risk of being sexist) but there is such a huge collection of other items the museum is good for everyone. Very friendly and chatty guy at the entrance provides a real welcome.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Didn't expect such a lot of different things to keep us gazing and reading for ages! Steam wasn't on during our visit but I am known for my steam Videos so it didn't matter at all. And all these cars I once owned! It was difficult to pass by without a little hug! The Renault 4; I replaced pistons and pots and valves and valve seats - broke in those days of course. And the Dauphine I always wanted, and bought just as the rust set in. The Cambridge my wife hated but I loved. The LE Velocette that looks so crude now. Anglias, Austin 8's - I would go back tomorrow.
Then there's upstairs - Mowers and sewers, Singers and stichers , Washers and mangles - the little chain driven car I lovingly painted blue when I was 5. The prams and possers, Dolls and Drills - I am so lucky, I took a video of most of it, I'll get it onto youtube sometime. I'd be back again tomorrow.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Enjoyed a very interesting and nostalgic visit. There really is something for everyone here and will appeal to all ages. It is well worth visiting on a Thursday when you can have a steam train ride to add to the experience. Some of the exhibits are a bit dusty and cobwebby but somehow this is part of the place! It is a wonderful tribute to the Pallot family.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

What an absolutely superb place to visit and suitable for all the family. Very well arranged and organised, with hundreds of exhibits covering a diverse range of mechanical equipment types. We found everything of interest and enjoyed reading the detailed descriptions presented with some of the exhibits. Staff were interesting to talk to and we had a great chat with Sam Pallot - who's father started the collection. Would recommend to everyone.