“Fantastic Accommodation!”
Review of Waves Apart-Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castel
Waves Apart-Hotel
Exeter
“Fantastic Accommodation!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

A group of us were coming over to Guernsey for a weekend away and I'd been struggling to find somewhere suitable for 10 of us to stay at a reasonable price until I came across Waves. I was impressed by how it all looked on the website and decided to go for it albeit I was a bit sceptical as it looked a little too good to be true. On getting there it turned out the apartment we were staying in was even better than I had hoped for and was an absolutely perfect base for us for a long weekend. I can't recommend the place more highly for groups as it was so much better having a lounge area that everyone could relax in before heading out rather than being stuck in individual rooms in some hotel. Hadrian and Joanna were also incredibly friendly and helpful hosts both before and during our stay. The fact that I was the one who booked the place also meant I could do no wrong for the rest of the weekend and it just unfortunately means I'll be expected to come up with somewhere equally good each time I'm left in charge of sorting out accommodation and I fear I may have set the bar too high!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We know Guernsey well and have always struggled for self-catering accommodation so Waves was a welcome discovery. The location is excellent with easy access to wonderful west coast beaches. Booking was easy with helpful quick email correspondance. We confirmed in advance that no stag do's were booked in as there is a potential for noise in appartment hotels like this. Actually, the hotel was wonderfully quiet and pleasant. The fittings were good quality and rooms comfortable but some aspects of the finish were not quite as you might expect given that the hotel advertises itself as a luxury venue. The appartment itself was spacious but opened onto the access road to the back of the hotel with a view of disused swimming pool, a skip and vans from a local company. This didnt matter as there was no noise or traffic in the day but it didn't quite match the promise of the views from the front of the hotel. We also had fantastic weather so didn't spend much time during the day in the hotel. I would suggest the hotel also updates its website so pictures of the actual accommodation in each suite are available as it was difficult in advance to work out exactly what our acommodation looked like in advance as pictures were generic. I would certainy recommend the Waves but would look for one of the offers that appear for late availability to get best value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Swindon
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was a really good find and absolutely everything we could have wanted as a family. The apartment was very well appointed with a good stock of the food basics and all mod cons including a dishwasher and a filter coffee machine. The beds get particular mention as the most comfortable I have ever slept in (apart from my own bed of course). Hadrian the owner could not have been more helpful, even offering to lend me his car when I realised I had left my wallet in a shoe shop in St Peter Port with only 40mins before closing time. It is opposite the best surfing beach in Guernsey and there is a bus stop directly outside which takes you all over the island (use the excellent Ormer card). We really loved it, a brilliant find.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Simon N
Duesseldorf
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Guernsey itself is a wonderful place to spend your vacation. And we were very lucky to find a free apartment at Waves. It's located at the west coast of Guernsey - right on the waterfront. And if you dont feel like taking the car to St Peter Port for example (which is exactly at the oppposite side of the island) - there's a bus stop right around the corner. The suite itself has all amenities one could wish for - the kitchen is perfectly equipped, the beds are sooo comfortable and the bathroom including the steam-sauna-shower... just wonderful :-)
Joanna and Hadrian are very friendly and always there when you need assistance or advise. All in all.... stay at Waves and you definitely will have a great time :-)
We will come again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Family_of_5_Germany
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I wanted to get away from work and stress and Waves was the perfect place to do so. It was like going into luxury hibernation! The apartments have absolutely everything you need to escape. The beds are divine - huge and sooo comfy. I slept better than I had in months. I totally recommend it. It is great for everyone, a solo escape seeker like me, a family, a large group... just fantastic.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Southampton
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed in the Sark suite at Waves for 4 nights during the last week of July 2010. We couldnt fault the apartment at all. It was better than a home from home. Cozy beds, ensuite in all rooms, peace and quiet, Sky TV, WiFi, a fridge full of goodies, dishwasher, washing machine, everything exceptionally clean, great views from the front and fantastic sunsets over the sea. We will return at some point as there is lot on the island we didnt see. The only downside is that as soon as word gets around about how great waves is then it'll be hard to find a vacancy. Ooops, I better keep quiet.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank G0TSM
Cheshire
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We were suppose to arrive when the 'ash cloud' first decended on us in April, but they were more than understanding and allowed us to re-arrange to another date in May at no extra charge.

When we arrived the place was just what we needed. Clean, tidy and safe for a 18 month old to run around. We had a three bedroom apartment with large veranda to front and back.

You can select pillow and duvet type wanted when you book and these were avaliable for our stay. Just made the stay just a bit more personal to us.

The location was brilliant being just steps from the beach where we went each evening to make sandcastles. The veranda also made a safe play area while we relaxed and enjoyed the view. Also had large resturant and shop just a few minutes walk away.

The service was good throughout our stay. Warm coissants provided every morning for breakfast with milk, cereal and yogart when we arrived. Also a bottle of wine in the fridge. All the utensials you could need throughout your stay are provided. The apartment was cleaned on the return from a day out which was really nice.

We had such a nice holiday we did not want to come home. Have recommended it to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Bluevic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
Cobo Bay Hotel
La Grande Mare
La Grande Mare
#2 of 6 in Castel
Le Friquet Country Hotel

Been to Waves Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!