“Amazing views, friendly staff.”
Review of Waves Apart-Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castel
Waves Apart-Hotel
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We spent four fantastic days at Waves. Balconies in four rooms offering stunning sea views on one side and countryside on the other. Great beach, lovely walks and a perfect family restaurant a walk away. Planning our next trip already!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We have just returned from a long weekend at Waves - we will be returning as we had a great time. The accommodation is lovely, very clean and modern. Good facilities, spacious and great views too! The manager was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Excellent views from the top floor - the new units overlooking the golf course look fab too!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyR0ss
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed here for just over 2 weeks while I was working in Guernsey. The apartments are clean and modern with STUNNING views over Vazon Bay and out towards Cobo. I spent each evening walking on the beach as the sun set and then just walking back over the road to my top floor apartment - bliss!

Hadrian the owner is always on hand if theres a problem - friendly and approachable.

There was an issue with the internet which was unreliable at times but Hadrian did reset the router and phone Cable and Wireless to try and sort it out.

There was also a slight drain smell coming from my bathroom - which Hadrian did explain was due to the fact (as it was off season ) the room hasn't been used for a while.

Great modern kitchen with every room having a balcony with table and chairs. Excellent heating too which was important as it was very cold while I was there!

All in all - a fab stay!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to appreciate the amazing views of the sea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy_Lea_10
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We spent two weeks here in July, weather wasn't great but still had a lovely time mainly due to the super apartment. Top floor was a challenge on the knees after a day out and about though.
Spacious for us three but probably would have been too crowded for 6. Great facilities in the kitchen and we even got supplied a DVD for the lounge. Very comfortable beds, we have bought ourselves the same one!
Hadrian was extremely helpful and even sent back our belongings we left behind.
Location was fab, just across from the beautiful bay of Vazon. We would certainly recommend it to people wanting to get away for a few days in a quiet place with easy access to Guernsey's attractions.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor if your legs get tired easily!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HumSpoff
Reviewed 9 October 2012

A group of us were coming over to Guernsey for a weekend away and I'd been struggling to find somewhere suitable for 10 of us to stay at a reasonable price until I came across Waves. I was impressed by how it all looked on the website and decided to go for it albeit I was a bit sceptical as it looked a little too good to be true. On getting there it turned out the apartment we were staying in was even better than I had hoped for and was an absolutely perfect base for us for a long weekend. I can't recommend the place more highly for groups as it was so much better having a lounge area that everyone could relax in before heading out rather than being stuck in individual rooms in some hotel. Hadrian and Joanna were also incredibly friendly and helpful hosts both before and during our stay. The fact that I was the one who booked the place also meant I could do no wrong for the rest of the weekend and it just unfortunately means I'll be expected to come up with somewhere equally good each time I'm left in charge of sorting out accommodation and I fear I may have set the bar too high!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We know Guernsey well and have always struggled for self-catering accommodation so Waves was a welcome discovery. The location is excellent with easy access to wonderful west coast beaches. Booking was easy with helpful quick email correspondance. We confirmed in advance that no stag do's were booked in as there is a potential for noise in appartment hotels like this. Actually, the hotel was wonderfully quiet and pleasant. The fittings were good quality and rooms comfortable but some aspects of the finish were not quite as you might expect given that the hotel advertises itself as a luxury venue. The appartment itself was spacious but opened onto the access road to the back of the hotel with a view of disused swimming pool, a skip and vans from a local company. This didnt matter as there was no noise or traffic in the day but it didn't quite match the promise of the views from the front of the hotel. We also had fantastic weather so didn't spend much time during the day in the hotel. I would suggest the hotel also updates its website so pictures of the actual accommodation in each suite are available as it was difficult in advance to work out exactly what our acommodation looked like in advance as pictures were generic. I would certainy recommend the Waves but would look for one of the offers that appear for late availability to get best value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was a really good find and absolutely everything we could have wanted as a family. The apartment was very well appointed with a good stock of the food basics and all mod cons including a dishwasher and a filter coffee machine. The beds get particular mention as the most comfortable I have ever slept in (apart from my own bed of course). Hadrian the owner could not have been more helpful, even offering to lend me his car when I realised I had left my wallet in a shoe shop in St Peter Port with only 40mins before closing time. It is opposite the best surfing beach in Guernsey and there is a bus stop directly outside which takes you all over the island (use the excellent Ormer card). We really loved it, a brilliant find.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
Best Western Hotel De Havelet
La Grande Mare
#2 of 6 in Castel
Best Western Moores Central Hotel
The Peninsula Hotel

Been to Waves Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!