“Awful - Don't go”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
guernsey
“Awful - Don't go”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were in a party of 8 - first of all they didn't have all the drinks we wanted. Then they didn't have all the meals that were listed on the menu - the service was very slow - I ordered garlic prawns, there were 5 small prawns and 3 lettuce leaves for £13

• Visited June 2014
Duaneos, Owner at Grande Rocques Bistro, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Many thanks for your comments we always appreciate feedback from our clients. I would also like to apologise if your experience was not up to expectations.

I do have a couple of questions that may help us to rectify any possible future issues.

It may be possible that some wires have gotten crossed along the way, we always ensure the waiting staff check that everything is ok with your meal at the time to ensure we can sort out any problems there and then. This was possibly not the case with yourselves as we have no recollection of these issues being raised.

I would appreciate the chance to discuss some other questions with you if you have the time to contact us via email, telephone or in person. Particularly to find out if we can refund some of the £14.95 you paid for the King Prawn starter as this is only priced at £7.95 on our menu and should be garnished with allot more than just lettuce.

I look forward to hearing from you if you have the time.

Many Thanks
R. McKenzie

Willunga, Australia
“Lovely meal, great service”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed with good friends and shouted them a meal as a thank you. Beautiful food, excellent service
Definitely recommend

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lezlih
guernsey
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My partner and I had been meaning to try this restaurant for a while but last night decided to go in on the spur of the moment. We were a little under-dressed and despite the sign saying 'smart dress only' we were shown to a table. I currently have back problems and our first table wasn't suitable for me but there was no hesitation in being shown to an alternative table.

The staff were friendly and fun, very welcoming and very observant, I was quietly discussing with my partner that I wouldn't want the carrots in the vegetable selection and mine came out without them despite not even requesting this. Impressive.

The food was simply lovely, my partner (a chef of some 30years himself) said this was the best meal out he'd ever had in Guernsey. The portions were generous but not excessive, well prepared and well presented, no compromise on flavour or ingredients that some places do in favour of appearance.

I had the duck with orange sauce which was lovely but the orange sauce at times was just slightly overpowering for my taste, but didn't detract from the quality of the meal, and I had the mushrooms with crab for starter. I found a couple of very small pieces of shell in the crab but this is always a hazard of fresh crab.

The ambience was lovely, with the premises well decorated, maintained, and clean.

All in all a lovely evening - definitely will be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank missjc67
Guernsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Veggie delight”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My companion is an omnivore and had the salmon which she said was "almost too much fish". My Pinenut creation with curry sauce was one of the best veggie dishes I'd ever had in a restaurant. The staff are professional and welcoming and I have no hesitation in recommending Grande Rocques Bistro.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lauriesgranny
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Vegan”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My parents are regular eaters at grb. I joined them one evening, and as a vegan i was made most welcome, they checked meal ingredients and without asking they even created a vegan sauce for my dish (deep fried broccoli if i recall rightly) for when it was brought out! I felt very comfortable eating there.

• Visited December 2013