“Really lovely hotel right on the beach!”
Review of Cobo Bay Hotel

Cobo Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Castel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel with family while we were in Guernsey for a wedding. It's not the cheapest hotel on the island but it's finished to a high standard and offered very clean, comfortable and cosy accommodation. The main selling point is its location -a 2 minute walk to the sea! The food was great and staff friendly. If you can afford to splash a little more cash than a normal B+B then this is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view as not all the rooms have sea views!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Derryn W
There are newer reviews for Cobo Bay Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a fantastic stay at the Cobo Bay Hotel and really couldn't fault any aspect of it. The staff were both friendly and attentive. The location of the hotel was fabulous and the views of the bay were stunning. I ate with my family at the hotels restaurant (outside) on every night of our stay as the food was delicious and the atmosphere was lovely. Breakfast was also quite impressive. Our room was very nice, clean and well furnished it had everything you could need including a safe, large TV and an electric fan. The en suite was also clean and the shower was powerful and big. Our stay as the Cobo Bay Hotel was excellent and I truly believe this hotel deserves more than a three star rating!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Whilst the room was nicely decorated we were kept awake until 1am due to the creaky floorboards making the ceiling squeak loudly every time the person above us moved around their room. Our floorboards were also noisy. Food in restaurant was perhaps the saving grace as it was very nice but lady at reception had an attitude problem and was very rude. Got asked if we wanted a paper in our room to which I said yes, assuming it was complimentary as I was not told otherwise. When asked to pay at front desk I didn't have any money on me to which she raised her eyebrows and tutted. I apologised and offered to go to a cash point to get some money out to pay (which was only a few minutes walk away . I know this as I am local) In a very harsh cutting tone she said "or you could just give the paper back" with no hint of a smile and just a generally rude and unhelpful attitude, holding her hand out at me for the paper back. I then had to go into my bag in front of a queue of people and get it out to give back to her, it was embarrassing and somewhat petty for the sake of a newspaper. Potentially a nice hotel if they give their staff some customer service training as the location and restaurant are lovely. I only hope they don't treat tourists the same way they treated me.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Hannah1990x
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, our room had a balcony with an outstanding view. Breakfast was ok but could have been better. We had fresh fruit in our room everyday. There is not much around the hotel but an half hour bus ride or a £13 taxi ride would take you into the bustling centre of St Peters Port.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked this two day trip to Guernsey on short notice as a change from our normal Cornwall trips. We never usually stay at 3 star hotels but we like a balcony with a sea view and the excellent reviews led us to The Cobo Bay hotel. What a find! My first point of contact was the very excellent Sandrine whose comfortable and courteous manner throughout our stay made us feel "at home". The booking was carried out efficiently and with humour, an essential in my book. I grilled the taxi driver (arranged for us by The Cobo) about our choice of hotel on the way there and he confirmed the hotel's excellent reputation and told us it was the best spot on the island. We had been advised that there were some building works going on next door prior to our booking and I had the foresight to pack some earplugs just in case. I never used them once. Anyone who isn't already up before the builders start to take in the wonderful views is wasting their stay at the Cobo! Besides which, I think that the serious "jack hammer" type of building noise is finished now. We had a top floor room next to the building works and it was not at all intrusive. Given that we spent most of our time on the balcony or in the terrace bistro and slept with the balcony doors open, if there was a noise issue we would have heard it! The room was beautiful, with all the bits and pieces you would expect in a five star hotel. The floral arrangements, both in the room and dotted around the hotel, were just fabulous, all done by the excellent housekeeper. We ate in the terrace bar, restaurant and had room service for one breakfast and afternoon tea. All meals were delicious, well presented and the staff were just great, respectful and yet good fun. All was watched over by the excellent GM Romano who scooted all over the place at a brisk space making sure that everything was as it should be! It came as no surprise to me that he was Swiss, the best run hotels I have stayed at always seem to have a Swiss manager, I think Swiss parents must bring their children up to be efficient with great attention to detail! The owner was also in evidence on several occasions and the whole place exuded an intention to be as good as it possibly could be. I really couldn,t fault the place. We will definitely be back to the Cobo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bushbaby58
Reviewed 22 June 2014

the reception was held at this hotel .the food was excellent ths staff really attentative and the view is out of this world . it was a fabulous day .who needs abroad with a beach and hotel like this ?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and had asked in advance for a quiet room so we were in 115, which was away from the building work although we were woken by delivery vans... which didn't really matter as we wanted to make the most of our 5 night stay and the excellent weather. After a great crossing with Condor Ferries from Poole to St Peter Port it was only about a 15 minute drive to the Cobo Bay. There was no parking available at the hotel at the time of our arrival, but we could unload and mostly we left the car just a short walk away from the hotel without any problems. The room had everything we could want... except for a sea view but maybe next time! Breakfasts were very good although fresh orange juice would have been more in keeping with the high quality of food here. We enjoyed a delicious evening meal in the restaurant on our last night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
Le Friquet Country Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Cobo Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!