All reviews sea view balcony room fresh fruit pub next door beach terrace sister hotel small supermarket stunning sunsets star hotel sea front fish and chip shop lovely hotel st peter port first class short break stayed for nights bus service
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Recently spent a week at the Cobo Bay Hotel. Really wanted to stay in St Peter Port but so glad we didn't as Cobo Bay is a great location. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was basic and quite small but luckily we had requested a balcony with sea view. The view is amazing although the noise from the road is quite loud. Had to sleep with the window shut but a fan is provided so it wasn't too hot. The bathroom is small and I couldn't lie down in the bath. Good selection of tea and coffee, decent hairdryer and the bed was comfortable. If you like seafood this is the place to stay. We loved the breakfasts - they do a veggie breakfast with wilted spinach and decent toast. The evening meals were delicious - good portions - lovely mussels, scallops, fish and chips. Request a window table in the restaurant as the sunsets are not to be missed!

Room Tip: Sea view at the front although noisy road.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Visited last night for a Freddie tribute night, service slow but it was packed so cannot fault that really.

Four of us are and chose different selections from the menu, no one upset or disappointed from the foods at all.

Impressive that chef served foods hot and plentiful, seems a good menu so defo will be back later in the season to try other choices.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Staff were really friendly and Cobo is a nice location.

Room was really disappointing, barely room to swing a kitten, let alone a cat. View from the window was the room opposite (about 20 feet away) so gloomy and rather depressing. Shower didn't work properly and was almost impossible to switch off. Walls very thin, so you get to know your neighbours. Very over priced for what you got.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My family and I booked a few days at the Cobo Bay Hotel. We were due to sail from Poole on the 9.15 a.m. ferry on Wednesday, 13th September. On our way down to Poole on 12th I received a call from Direct Ferries at 2.30 p.m. to say that our ferry had been cancelled due to poor weather and the next available ferry would be Friday (we were due home on Saturday). We decided not to travel and was told that we would receive a full ferry refund. Called the hotel to say that, through no fault of our own, we were unable to get to Guernsey and would need to cancel our booking. They said they were fully booked and were turning people away therefore we would be charged for the cancellation . The hotel took over £800 from my bank account! Neither my travel insurance nor the ferry company will offer compensation and my bank account is the poorer for it. So please check the cancellation conditions before you book. If your ferry is cancelled you might find that you have had a very expensive "non" holiday.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hotel is nice and clean with some lovely touches in the room, fresh fruit, chocolates and a nice selection of teas and coffees. The bed was quite firm, although i slept well both nights. My room was next to the lift which was quite loud, and the windows made quite a noise when there was a fair win outside, but like I have mentioned I slept ok. I would like to say the breakfast was ok, but the first morning the toast and pastries were a little on the burn side, and there was no breakfast menu on my table. The second morning, the toast and pastries were ok, and there was a breakfast menu on the table, although the staff managed to get my order wrong a couple of times. They managed to get it right in the end, but never came back to offer me more toast. The free wifi was a good enough speed, and usable. Most people staying here seemed to be of the older generation, but there is nothing that would stop a young family enjoying this location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business