“Staff are like family”

Hotel Hougue du Pommier
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Castel
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Got to be the best staff & management team ever so help full and will go out of there way to help you enjoy you're stay thanks to all madra your a star

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Monwyn

Reviewed 29 March 2011

We booked this hotel through Condor Breaks after reading the Trip Advisor review and we were not disappointed. The hotel is well situated for access to all areas of Guernsey and very clean and comfortable with a 'cottage' feel. The two best things about the hotel is firstly the staff were amazingly friendly with a 'nothing too much trouble' attitude; we caught an early ferry to Sark and rather than miss breakfast altogether were brought a tray of wrapped croissants and fresh milk to make tea and secondly the food was absolutely amazing, we hadn't planned to eat all our evening meals at the hotel but after the first night we were hooked! Well done the chef and well done Madra - I hope you enjoy Bon Jovi later on this year ;-)

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank amyoungatheart
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Arrived to a nice friendly welcome from the lady on reception, all down hill from there.

The rooms look nothing like in the photos provided on the website.
Very outdated and inadequate.

We overheard on a few occasions the management talking to the staff in a disgusting manner - Other staff however were lovely.

Food was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BlueJazz29
hougue1, General Manager at Hotel Hougue du Pommier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Dear BlueJazz

We are sorry for the delay in replying to your comments.

We are somewhat amazed by your remarks. I cannot recolect reprimanding any member of staff as you put it "in a disgusting manner".

May I point out that we have a very good relationship between management and staff. I can only assume that you misunderstood what the management said. Perhaps you only caught half of the conversation as I can vouch for every member of staff within the hotel that they are treated very fairly and with respect.

I noticed that you travelled with a tour operator. The rooms on our website are obviously our deluxe rooms but you had booked a basic standard room. Had you so wished on going to your room you could have requested a room upgrade with reception and paid any difference.

I was pleased to hear that on your arrival at the hotel you experienced a good welcome and that you thought our food was excellant.

It would have been fairer to have brought these comments to my attention during your stay so that we could have corrected any mis-understanding . I also note from your date of stay and your membership to Trip Advisor that it has taken three months before your review was left.

Kind regards

The Management Team
Hotel Hougue du Pommier

Reviewed 29 December 2010

Thoroughly enjoyed a Christmas break at this hotel. Newly refurbished rooms gave a very comfortable stay. Excellent food and excellent service from very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed at The Hotel Hougue du Pommier with my 6 year old son and had a fantastic time and experience from the moment we arrived. The staff were friendly, efficient and more than happy to help us throughout our stay. The hotel has a great restaurant offering food throughout the day and evening. The hotel staff and its facilities was perfect for our stay and we both thoroughly enjoyed our holiday there so much so we plan to return next Summer too.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Our stay at the Hotel Hougue du Pommier was brilliant!! We had a well earned break and enjoyed every minute. The staff were so friendly, and couldn't do enough for us. The restaurant was superb and the food delicious. In fact, everything was just great!! I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

From the time we entered the hotel and checked in, to the time when the manager held the door open to bid us goodbye, we could not have been cared for any better. All of the staff were polite, professional and so helpful.
In an old Country House I got exactly what I expected; I loved the mix of old and new, the creaky floorboards and the wonderful gardens. The food was perfect; I noticed that the locals ate in the bar as well.
As stated in other reviews there are a few faults with the decor and plumbing but so what? The 1st class service and peaceful location easily made up for that.
This is the only hotel in the world that I have ever stayed in more than once. The staff at the hotel put to shame the so called 4 and 5 star big chain hotels. I'm just so glad I went back to stay at the Hougue Du Pommier.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Hotel Hougue du Pommier? Share your experiences!