Once again we stayed at La Grande Mare. Spent a week at the Grand Mare having been on 2 previous occasions. We stayed self catering and as usual the apartment was spotless and great for our family of 5.
The outside pool was busy but never overcrowded. The food was excellent we had breakfast and evening meals. (Only disappointment was to miss out on the superb afternoon tea!)
Service from Reception was first class the only area we felt was a little disappointing was the service from the bar and restaurant (Where we were fairly often!!) Some staff were great others perhaps were left wanting. All in All we plan to return and would not stay anywhere else on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Grande Mare Hotel, located on Guernsey's west coast, alongside the sweeping sands of Vazon Bay. The Hotel is set in over 120 acres of tranquil, private grounds with lakes, woodland and an 18 hole golf course and gardens. The courteous staff deliver impeccable service from the front of house and the presentation of your room to creating delicious pre-dinner cocktails, organising a memorable event or gym and golf instruction. The Hotel boasts excellent amenities including a fully equipped health suite, all weather tennis court, both indoor and outdoor bathing pools, a superb Restaurant and Brasserie and extensive business facilities, including WIFI connectivity and last but certainly not least a challenging 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your La Grande Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Grande Mare Hotel Castel
- La Grande Mare Guernsey/Castel