“Warm, Spacious, Cosy, Clean, Good Value”
Review of La Grande Mare

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castel
La Grande Mare
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Castel
Market Bosworth, United Kingdom
“Warm, Spacious, Cosy, Clean, Good Value”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here in January whilst on a works assignment on the island.
I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful; and willing to accommodate any needs that I had.
The food was of a decent standard and prices were in line with what you would expect.
The stayed in one of the Hotel's suites and it was of a very good standard; being clean, fresh, cosy and warm.
I would definitely stay here again if visiting the Island.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter B
Simon V, Owner at La Grande Mare, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Peter B

It was a delight to hear how well we catered for your business needs when you stayed with us on a recent trip to Guernsey.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write the review as I am sure it will help other potential guests surfing Trip adviser to stay with us too !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here with my daughter (7) on the night before my wedding. We had afternoon tea delivered to our room and enjoyed a three course meal in the evening.

When I checked in, the receptionist was extremely polite and friendly which gave a fantastic first impression.

The food was lovely, lots of choice and it all tasted excellent. The staff were very friendly and professional.

Our room was amazing! Clean, spacious, comfortable....everything you would expect and more. The dressing gowns and towels were fluffy and soft which really made a difference as sometimes, in other hotels, i find they can sometimes be starchy and coarse.

All in all, it was a brilliant experience and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. This was the first time I had stayed overnight but have eaten there many times and it has never disappointed.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms/suites seating areas open onto golf course. Not an issue for me personally but i...
Simon V, Owner at La Grande Mare, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Jenniferlelacheur

Congratulations on the marriage and well done first of all !
Next I would like to thank you for the review on behalf of of the team here at La Grande Mare.
We are thrilled to read just how consistent you find us and how much you both enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you again soon with all the family !
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My partner and I stayed over for one night, The room was very comfortable, clean with excellent toiletries and not forgetting a good powerful shower. The evening meal was of an high standard well presented and good portion sizes. The restaurant staff (Shiv and Rado) made the total experience extra special. The service provided by all the staff during our stay was extraordinary. Great value.............
The Vermuellen family have made this a very special place and I think my dad would be proud of what they have achieved.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of excellent standard..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sergiopaulohenri
Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Gloucester
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed for three nights. Large well furnished room with comfortable four poster. Excellent bathroom with good quality toiletries slippers and dressing gowns. TV and Bose sound system with ipod connection.

Restaurant service first class with interesting food though the menu could have more variety but OK over three nights.

Spa facility with good indoor pool and sauna but often busy with outside members. Good changing facilities. Outdoor pool available in Summer and limited to hotel guests. Golf course attached.

Two minute walk to attractive unspoilt sea front with excellent coastal walks in both directions.

Staff friendly, good humoured and extremely helpful.

Would definitely return as overall a first class stay

Room Tip: A room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bomber12
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your three night stay with us and all the facilities La Grande Mare offer.
We are just about to offer our Summer menus that offer more variety of choice,Together with our steak board,a la carte,specials and light bite menus.
Hope to welcome you back soon !
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We took a group of family and friends to stay for a weekend at this hotel age range 78 down to 4.

We all loved it the rooms were large and different shapes some with sea views. The facilities were varied to meet everyone's needs and the food excellent. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly particularly Shannon on reception who had to deal with all sorts of queries and trip planning for our large party.

We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view or a view over the golf course
Dear Suewood
Many thanks for your jolly decent write up of your holiday experience with us at La Grande Mare
I will share this with all the team.
Thank you for staying with us and come back soon.
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went to Guernsey to celebrate my Granny's 70th birthday. We were a big party of 17 with ages ranging from 4 to 70+. The hotel was picked because there was lots for everyone and the location was just perfect.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the rooms we had were great - spacious with modern new bathrooms.

I am 11 years old and one of the things that I was looking forward to was swimming in the indoor pool with my brother and sisters. I was really disappointed that the time restrictions made this very difficult. When we arrived the outdoor pool was shut and not due to open until Easter. The weather was lovely and it was frustrating looking at the clear, sparkling pool - we were all really pleased when the staff decided to open it a few days earlier then planned. Fantastic!

I played golf with my Aunty one afternoon - it was great to be out on a golf course within the hotel grounds and I particularly like the fact that the course has tees for all levels of play. The atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming.

Breakfast was part of our package and my favourite meal. What was on offer from the continental table was limited but very tasty, but there was a wide variety of cooked breakfast to choose from which was all lovely. I particularly enjoyed the fresh mushrooms.

We all enjoyed our stay at La Grande Mare and would love to return.

2 Thank fionawood66
Dear Fiona Wood 66
This has got to be the nicest review I have ever read so thank you for sharing it with us.I will show my team your letter as its important for them to see how you enjoyed your stay and where we can improve.
I'm glad to hear that your Grans birthday was a huge success and hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon at la Grande Mare Hotel in Guernsey
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Brilliant facilities for families, use of in door pool (restricted times), tennis and even used out door pool. Friendly staff and lovely food, would definitely stay again. Family suite was good, pull down bed in lounge for children (although this did take up most of lounge area).

Sue C
Ah Sue your review was music to our ears,thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at La Grande Mare,we are delighted that you enjoyed it so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
Cobo Bay Hotel
Le Friquet Country Hotel
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins

Been to La Grande Mare? Share your experiences!