“A little GEM in Livingston - GREAT BBQ!”
Review of Tennessee Barbeque

Tennessee Barbeque
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a small town, family owned restaurant. We can seat 60 people inside. We have a two small private rooms. One will seat 12 and the other seats 20. We have a small outside patio that will seat 15. Our menu is of course smoked meats. Pulled pork, pulled turkey, beef brisket and chicken halves are offered certain days each week. We have smoked meats fresh each day. We also feature a grilled hamburger and hand patted hamburger steak as well as chicken tenders. We hand bread our own fried pickles and make a huge pork nacho. We make our own potato salad, cole slaw and baked beans. Our deserts are homemade each day. Our Banana Pudding is a must try!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We moved to this area a year ago... and were a little concerned about the limited selection of restaurants here. We have eaten our way across the US and a good portion of the rest of the world... and we tend to have high standards. So it was with some trepidation that we strolled into Tennessee BBQ, wondering just how good the food would be (and we've eaten some darn good BBQ!) - well, we were so pleasantly surprised - the ribs are just great, juicy and just seasoned right, and a mix of the sweet and spicy sauces on the table is a nice compliment if you need more sauce, and the sides are very well done (I confess I loove the sweet potato fries and the fried green tomatoes, and the cole slaw....) We hear the hamburgers are great, too, but so far, I can't stop myself from ordering the ribs! They're a great value, too. Since we live in the area, we often call in our order, pick it up, and bring it home to enjoy with a beer (the restaurant doesn't serve beer or wine). The staff are great and friendly, as well!

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoy our food! Please keep coming and if we can make your experience more enjoyable let us know!! Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Livingston on a family road trip and stopped here for a late dinner. The food was excellent, but what really makes this place great is the atmosphere. Its clean, well-decorated, and the staff are so friendly. They make you feel right at home. All in all it was a great place to eat and we highly recommend it.

VolFan2014, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you so much! I hope you will come back and visit and eat with us again!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Relatively small place with somewhat limited hours. I'm used to bigger places in Memphis & Nashville so this was a step down but the food was OK. Like many places in this part of TN they do not serve any type of alcoholic beverages which is always a negative for me. I have had the pulled pork and it was tasty. Good place for a family dinner.

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thanks for giving our little business a try. We are a small family owned business. We try to serve very fresh high quality food. We take a lot of time in the kitchen to home make and bake as much as possible. I will take it as a compliment that you compare me in any way to Memphis! We are only a town of 4,000. When you are back our way you might try our ribs, or brisket. We do not have the space to serve drinks but try our Fruit tea!! Thank you and come again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I live about 25 miles away and went on a suggestion from a co-worker. We love good BBQ (esp. ribs) and we were honestly a little surprised at how much we liked this restaurant. All of the food was very good, and the ribs had a delicious flavor. Their sides were very good without being outstanding. The homemade banana pudding was the best I've had in many years, and my wife's brownie sundae was delicious. All of the food, while not blow-your-socks-off outstanding, was very, very good, homemade, hot, and plentiful .The service was extremely friendly and attentive- I never had a glass less than 1/2-full and they checked on us often. Great small-town atmosphere in a great small town. While not a high-end restaurant, it was very clean, very good food, excellent service, and very homey and friendly. Added together, this makes our visit to this restaurant put other restaurants to shame. Can't wait to go back.

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our ribs. I am so fortunate to have great servers who have been with me for years. You have made me rethink my sides! Maybe I will make some changes! I hope we see you again soon! God Bless!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We tried this place about 2 saturdays ago on a recommendation from family members. We are use to great style of barbeque(vinegar based) but we like to try different places. I got a pulled pork sandwich, my usual at a bbq restaurant. It was okay. It was dry. I had to put the sauce on top of it.... That's not my usual type of pulled pork. The curly fries seemed a bit old. The fried pickles were very good though and so were the little cornbread pattie things. The food was not the issue though.

A party was coming in beside us.. and the owner I am assuming... decides he wants to turn the air on(it's 50ish degrees outside) rather cool on the inside. He said excuse me folks but I am turning on the air(right above our table) air went flying..napkins went rolling. We said we are gonna leave anyways. He never asked if we cared to turn the air on..he just did it RIGHT above our table. After we had gotten up and headed towards the door, he turned it off? HMMm sounds like he was trying to get rid of us. We were not loud or obnoxious.. Did they not like the fact we did not think their food was that great? Sorry but you cannot beat France's Barbeque. Anytime there are sauce bottles on the table, we know it's not hte type of bbq we are used to but we want to try it. But to be basically forced to leave bc we were freezing bc he turned the air on when it was NOT even remotely hott in there is a bit ridiculous!

2  Thank missj_90

As I mentioned to your friend, I am sorry that my husband turned the air on your family. We do have a hard time keeping everyone comfortable. That is the only source of air or heat in that room. He certainly should have ask you. I would love to change your mind about vinegar based barbeque! We certainly like to let our meats stand for themselves. We think quality meat doesn't need to be hidden by a lot of sauce. Thank you for giving us a try. We would love to serve you again and try to do better.