“Awful”

Overton Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Livingston B&B and Inns
“Awful”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed there on our way to Mississippi. It was awful. Air conditioner didnt work great. Front desk was rude. Beds were hard and "best" of all one of my kids got bit by something during the night. She got bit about 10 times. Water NEVER got warm. All of us took cold showers and no tubs so you could soak and relax bottom line stay somewhere else

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank mljls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Simple, kind of old, and old fashioned, early American Motel (like 1950s). Nice gentleman from India. Good restaurant associated with it...southern cooking. Plus, its the only place in town, so count your blessings!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank chamerstein
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have never in my life stayed somewhere that is not only filthy but the quality of service is ridiculous. My fiance and I decided to rent a roomfor a couple weeks why we looked for a house it was convenient to his work and in the area we needed to be in. The first week we were there not only were there roaches crawling on the walls, but u could not see to take A shower because there was only one light above the sink in the bathroom and the bathroom was disgusting in itself and on top of the poor quality... the people were rude. If you did not answer the door when they came around of a morning they would try to open the door. After a week of staying there we asked to move rooms because of the roaches. It took arguing for 20 minutes for them to finally let us switch rooms. I have cancer and had chemo treatments one morning and missed them coming around so when I went up to the front desk that afternoon they were very rude because they had to get up to go get us new towels and washcloths. Its absolutely pathetic how they treat their customers after we spent $200 a week for their services. I would not recommend staying there to anyone. Not even my worst enemy. I would spend extra money in gas just to go to another hotel in a nearby town than to stay in that roach infested rude people hotel. Oh and to add a little more... the sinks, showers and toilets stop up badly and they refuse to fix them. My recommendation is to go some where other than there.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank HappilyEverAfter14

Travellers are raving about these Livingston hotels

pontiac mi
Reviewed 3 September 2013

As others have said, this motel is adequate for a stopover one night stay. The room was clean and offered a comfortable bed and a table and chairs. The TV could be updated to a bigger screen, it was difficult to see from across the room. Yes it had a microwave and fridge but not a coffee maker. I can not remember the last time I was in a hotel/motel that did not offer this amenity. There is a restaurant available on the premises, but we were not interested in eating, just coffee. This was my only complaint about this motel. All considered this motel was what you would expect from an average low cost motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank basdunkin
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Your basic motel and the only one in Livingston.

The room was clean. Good AC. Micro & big fridge. Good cable selection. Excellent wi-fi. Plenty of hot water in the shower but the pressure was a little low.

My main issue was with the furnishings. My room (for a single) had 2 beds, only 1 chair and it didn't have a desk. I had to take the drawer our of the nightstand and put it on top of the nightstand to make a suitable desk for using my laptop. If the furnishings were more geared to someone who does some work in their motel room, then I might have stayed a few more nights.

The walls seem thin so bring your earplugs in case of noisy neighbors. Not much road noise.

$50 after tax for a single.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mark_S36669
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a quite functional place to spend the night. It is reasonable and fairly quiet. Light did come in the window badly which disturbs sleep. The air conditioner was also a little loud, but was effective when turned up. Bathroon was also just functional. Bare two by fours functioned as supports for the sink. Fine for one night only.

Room Tip: get in the back of the motel
Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Clifton C
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after attending the Christmas in the country celebration in the quaint little town of Livingston last Friday. The hotel was old but the room was clean. The shower was not the greatest. The scariest part was waking up in the middle of the night to turn up the heat, looked out the window to check on things and WE WERE the only car in the lot. Apparently we forgot to check trip advisor!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lightningsky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
Mitchell Creek Marina & Resort
Key West Inn
Key West Inn
#15 of 18 in Cookeville

Been to Overton Motel? Share your experiences!