“Tudor Travel Club 2011”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Martins
Sunnydene Country Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 21 September 2011

After receiving a very warm welcome 16 of our members quickly settled in and enjoyed a wonderfull 6 nights half board with Tony and Betty and their staff, who could not have been more attentive to the needs of an eldery group.The food was excellent,and in the evening a homely atmosphere in the bar was much appreciated by many of the group.We were very fortunate to reserve the garden rooms which proved very popular and well worth the small price supplement, We would i am sure have enjoyed the pool facilities, if we had spent more time at the hotel during the day. However there was a wonderful Island to explore and with the Bus stop right outside, the hotel could not have been better located. We have no hesitation in reccommending Sunnydene to like minded groups,and we shall be considering a return visit in the near future.

Room Tip: A garden room is well worth the small supplement, it is also slightly larger than those in the main...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank john c

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We recently enjoyed a 4 night stay at this comfortable country hotel, set in lovely gardens with a swimming pool. The success of this hotel is down to the excellent, friendly service provided by hosts Tony and Betty, who go out of their way to make sure all their guests are well looked after A rare treat these days. We had only booked bed and breakfast, but ended up eating at the hotel every evening. The ambience in the hotel in the evening was homely and welcoming. We found the food good and reasonably priced. There is a good choice of hot food at breakfast as well as the usual buffet which included some delicious fresh pastries.

Our only criticism was the size of our room, and especially the en suite. Although it provided all the usual facilities (flat screen t.v., tea/coffee) we felt very cramped. Plus points were the good quality towels and the fresh flowers were a nice touch Our advice would be to pay extra for one of the superior, garden rooms which we assume are larger.

We drove round the whole of Guernsey, which is a very attractive island, but usually finished up at Portelet Beach, by the Imperial Hotel. The kiosk there is very popular and sells excellent crab sandwiches and rolls, as well as cream teas.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a garden room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dorsetview68
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We have just returned from a week at this wonderful small and outstandingly friendly hotel on this beautiful island. We couldn't fault the service from our hosts and their staff who were the most welcoming team we have ever stayed with. Nothing was too much trouble. We had intended to eat all over the island at many restaurants but ended up eating in 6 nights out of the 7 thanks to the high standard of food and reasonably priced menus. Their local knowledge is thorough and each and every guest appeared to be as happy as we were with their choice of accommodation

Room Tip: pay the extra for the larger and quieter garden rooms, it will be worth it
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Lovely hotel, good food, nice staff!
Excellent, it had everything we wished for!
Great walking tips, Betty's humor is ab fab!
Thanks, the girls from room 19

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My wife and I stayed a fortnight in the Sunnydene Country Hotel on the beautiful island of Guernsey. It was our third visit to the island and our first stay in the Sunnydene. It was absolutely fabulous. Tony and Betty are the warmest, friendliest and most caring hoteliers we have ever met. They are the best you could wish.

We had a gardenroom, with plenty of space, located in the beautiful flowergarden, near the swimming pool. The room was clean and tidy. Breakfast was good (a lot to choose) as was dinner (always meat, fish, chicken and vegetarian food to choose).

When we come back to Guernsey we will certainly stay in the Sunnydene Country Hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I would like to thank Tony and Betty and staff for making our recent two weeks holiday in your wonderful hotel so special, the food was out of this world, My wife has been there twice but it was my first time on the BEAUTIFULL island of Guernsey and it will certainly not be my last. Everyone that we met during our stay at the hotel were so happy and smiling and welcoming. we recommend that you take a bus trip around this amazing Island a savour some of the fantastic foods that are on offer and walk around the beautifull walks around the cliff tops and around the maze of small roads around the Island. I could go on and on about Guernsey, see it be it, and judge for yourself, can't be bettered in my opinion. (Jim and Babs McVean) from the Orkney Islands.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank daddylonglugs
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I decided to have a last minute short break. What a wonderful time we had. The food was so good we ate in the hotel restaurant every night. When I mentioned that I loved mussels, but they werent on the menu, the chef got them in especially for me the next day and cooked them just the way I asked for them, and they were delicious, similarly when I mentioned I fancied something spicy, the chef made a different sauce for me, not on the menu. If what you want is not on the menu then the chef could not be more happy or helpful to accommodate requests, with I might add delicious results. Betty and Tony, the proprietors are incredibly warm and welcoming, it felt like coming home each day after an exhausting sight seeing and fun filled day. Our room was spotless as was the bathroom, with everything you need there. Quite honestly, one of the loveliest and most relaxing holidays I have ever had. This is a stay we shall definately be repeating.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#7 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Sunnydene Country Hotel? Share your experiences!