“Lovely situation in pleasant surroundings”
Review of L'Auberge

L'Auberge
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in St Martins
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Lovely situation in pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Often have lunch here with the family when visiting relatives. Food is good. View very inspiring.

• Visited September 2010
3 Thank cgbutton

“Best restaurant on the island”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I am local, and eat out regularly at restaurants, most of which on the island become quite tedious. Not so for The Auberge, which is by far and away my favourite restaurant to go to.

Apart from the best views, the clean modern restaurant, and the helpful friendly staff, the chef is regularly making changes to the fantasic menu - not something that most guernsey restaurants can lay claim to!

The food itself has never disappointed me. Even when choosing something I wouldn't normal eat (such as the seabass sashimi) I am suitably impressed. The flavours that the chef manages to combine, along with the quality of the ingredients make for a special meal everytime.

If you can only go to one restaurant in guernsey, it should be this one!

3 Thank Gsysturoy
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I've had a wonderful dinner at the auberge restaurant, we were very impressed. We have ordered whole baked seabass with tamatos and herbs, the fish was just huge! and we paid for it £35 what is not much at all. I have read a few comments about pricy auberge and I think the value is pretty good staff very helpful and they know menu very well. The restaurant is STYLISH and CLEAN what I can't say about loads of places which i have visited. We will be back!!!

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank Natalia S
Glasgow
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Only down point was I'd booked 2/3 weeks in advance and when I showed up they didn't have the reservation. However..the manager apologised and showed us to a lovely table with a great view. We ordered a nice wine to complement the food and it was served properly and ice cold. I had the Seabass Sushimi starter and it was amazing. The fish delicious, presentation spot on and the lime and dressing perfect. My Seabass (again) main was also perfect. We had dessert and coffee and left very happy.

In many places the chef plays about with odd comninations to be fancy and show off but the results poor. Here, each well though out ingredient on the plate compliments the next.

The atmosphere was also good. An excellent way to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Ross B
Guernsey
“Fantatstic views, mediocre food & service. Dirty surfaces”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

There is no doubt that the views are spectacular. Sitting outside with a glass of wine looking at Herm andsometimes france it doesnt getmuch better than this.

However the sting in the tail is that the modern, well positioned restaurant is dirty and little care seems to be made about cleanliness.

The food can vary from sublime to awful and averages out at mediocre. When you go it can be hit or miss on the standard of the food you will get.

It used to be a favourite of mine for largegroups or for romanric meals for two but it has slipped well down the list of restaurants that I now frequent.

• Visited September 2010