“Lovely food and view”

L'Auberge
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in St Martins
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and view”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere, well cooked and presented food and great views to accompany this.
Getting a taxi back to St. Peter's Port was a long wait however, so book in advance!

Visited August 2014

Penarth, United Kingdom
“Food excellent but !!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I booked online , after reading the reviews , we were slightly disappointed with our table , which was close to the bar and didn't offer any of the views that were supposed to be a highlight . We were told that the restaurant was busy and menus would take awhile , however they arrived promptly . We ordered a drink , but it then took 20 minutes before someone came to ask us if we were ready to order .
Food was excellent , my wife had the crab salad , knowing I'm allergic to crab !! , she said it was superb , I had a prawn with squid , my main course of Brill simply grilled was superb , and my wife had the scallops and prawns , these were superb . Personally didn't like the musak , which I felt was unnecessary , service was average , wines were reasonably priced , as an overall experience it was spoiled by the service and musak

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Two magical evenings”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited L'Auberge with my husband on the first Tuesday of our holiday at the end of July.Everything was magical from our welcome to drinks on the terrace (what a view) to superb food and a reasonable bill.We then visited the following Monday with my parents (who had joined us in Guernsey to celebrate Mum's 80th birthday).I was a little nervous as my mum is picky about restaurants and she was complaining of a stomach upset before our visit.I need not have worried. It was as we had experienced the previous week. Mum had a fantastic time and ate well. They were very patient with her mobility problems and she visibly warmed to the place. It was, I believe, the highlight of her visit to Guernsey and it will certainly be a 'can't miss' destination for my husband and I when we visit Guernsey.

• Visited July 2014
uk
“Beautiful location. Disappointed that a la carte menu was not available”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having looked at the menu online, I booked this restaurant especially for my husband's 60th birthday (Sunday lunchtime). The location is really beautiful, but I was really disappointed when we arrived to find out that there was only a fixed price menu available. There had been no indication of this on the website (indeed the site suggests the fixed price menu is only available (Mon-Sat lunch or Mon-Thurs dinner) or when I had phoned to book a table (making clear we were coming for a special occasion). The fixed price menu is good value. It has about 4-5 choices for each course. Starters and dessert/cheese were excellent. We both opted for lobster and chips (for which there is a supplement) for mains. This was a little disappointing. We made the most of the occasion, but what shame we were not able to sample some of the delicious sounding meals on the a la carte menu.

• Visited August 2014
Vale of Glamorgan
“Vibrant atmosphere and great views, food not bad either!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I took my parents for a meal here on Saturday night. We arrived before the sun had set and enjoyed the fantastic views out to sea, especially as we had a table right by the window. We all ordered fish/seafood, my father opting for the Auberge's seafood platter. Everything was fresh and beautifully cooked. My father was unable to finish the platter, which is unheard of due to the generous amount of seafood. And my lobster was gorgeous. My only criticism was the lack of finger bowls, which were substituted for pre packed commercial wipes. It let the restaurant down. Also, and this is not a criticism but a note of caution for some - my parents are both partially deaf and they did struggle to hear us when the restaurant became busier. We would definitely return but not with them.

• Visited August 2014