“By far the WORST 'meal' I have ever eaten!”
Review of St Margaret's Lodge - CLOSED

St Margaret's Lodge
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“By far the WORST 'meal' I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I recently went to "The Menu" at St. Margaret's Lodge Hotel with a friend and chose the buffet menu.

I have never tasted such a vile meal in my life!

The meat seemed all old or off, the 'Beef in black bean sauce" just fell apart into tiny little pieces which seemed extremely strange, the pork and chicken tasted off and undercooked,

When complaining to the manager at the table the phone rang and he walked off mid sentence.

I have never had such poor service and such awful food. I do not understand how this place has not been shut down by the Health and Safety department.

I am proud of Guernsey for a handful of things but if this is what is giving the impression of the quality of Guernsey food being low, which is not true at all.

My personal opinion would be to avoid this place at ALL costs!

You won't be disappointed because you will be disgusted!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank stiletto_ste

wales
“would not recommend this hotel at all”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Rooms shabby, mildew on bathroom ceilings, ,poorly lit landings, staff unwelcoming, extremeley unhelpul,
food unpalatable,
the list goes on
Guernsey is a beautiful island but if this is the standard of accomodation the tourist board is prepared to award 2 stars to, it would make me question other accomodation available.
Truly terrible experience.