“Easter runs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 St Martins B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Easter runs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Warm welcome and a great stay,lovely quiet location.Hotel is about ten minutes drive from the airport and about two minute walk from bus stop.St peter port is about twenty five minutes walk from the hotel down hill,or ten minutes by bus or car.Nice breakfast and evening meals, rooms cleaned daily and towels changed. Dino and Celeste lovely hosts and if you like sailing ask Dino he may take you out for a sail. Hopefully be back next year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank margaret156

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This was a last-minute booking for two nights on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and everything about my stay was excellent. Dino and Celeste are charming and attentive hosts who went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The poached eggs at breakfast were easily the best I have ever tasted and the evening meals were very good. I was not a typical tourist as I was in Guernsey to visit my son who had been admitted to hospital a few days earlier - fortunately he was discharged the day I arrived - but I would definitely recommend La Michele as a relaxing base for getting to know the island.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marianne H
hertfodshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

A very warm welcome and a great stay. This is not my first stay at La Michele but I on this visit I was unsure of what to expect as the previous owners have apparently retired and are no longer involved in the running of the hotel. I have to say I need not have been concerned at all as it is still a fabulous little place to stay. I received a very warm welcome from Dino and Celest who could not have done more to ensure I was comfortable. My breakfast was lovely - very fresh and very tasty. If you like staying in small hotels that are independent and individual rather than a chain hotel then I can fully recommend staying here, also the rates are very good value. On this visit I did not have a hire car and I used the buses, the bus stop is only minutes away with a good service to St Peters Port and around the island. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Every time I have stayed the rooms have all been good and it's a nice quite location.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our 2nd year staying at La Michele and it was equally as good as the first year. La Michele is conveniently located for trips into town, coastal walks etc. We did do a lot of walking as we flew to the island instead of catching the ferry. To be honest as the island is quite small there really is no need for a car. Susie & Roger really make you feel welcome and La Michele gives you that comfy at home feeling. Our room was lovely, very clean, very warm & had lots of wardrobe space. The breakfasts were fabulous, so much to choose from and it was never too much trouble for the chef to cater for slight alterations to what was on offer. Even though we only had two evening meals there, they were equally as fantastic as breakfast. The waiting staff were excellent, polite, attentive, friendly, by the time our week was up they felt like we had known them for years. Quite a lot of the other guests stay at La Michele year after year, that speaks for itself. We hope to stay here again very soon. Martin & Karen, Cambridge

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 885Karen48
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here at the recommendation of my parents who had visited a number of times before as part of a family get together to celebrate my mother's birthday. Great little hotel with that personal touch you just dont get in the large chain hotels. Room was large, spacious, clean and comfortable.
Food was wonderful, with a good selection and always served with a friendly smile.
Any downsides? Not really. Only thing I can think of is that Wi-Fi is not available in the rooms, only in certain public areas. (But is quick and reliable when connected)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark575
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Liked the idea of staying in a small family run hotel. Contacted Susie by phone, and found her to be so helpful that we decided to stay at their hotel. Susie organised all the necessary travel arrangements.Made very welcome on arrival by Roger. Found hotel to be very clean, food excellent. Top class service all round.After a few days staying at hotel, we felt as though we were part of an extended family. Nearly all of the guests staying the same week as Steve and I had been returning to the hotel year after year. That speaks volumes, doesn't it? Many thanks to all the staff for a wonderful week.

Sue and Steve, Norfolk

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sue t
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

In our opinion this has to be one of the best hotels on the island. We have been staying here for number of years,
Susie and Roger always make us very welcome. Nothing seems to much trouble.
Cannot fault the service and cleanliness.
Special thank you to Mark the chef for the wonderful food.
Thank you George and Paula for your efficiency when waiting on tables, brilliant.
Sue and Ray

#2 of 9 in St Martins
Les Rocquettes
Les Rocquettes
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Hotel La Michele? Share your experiences!