“Wonderful Hotel & Hospitality”
Review of Hotel La Michele

Hotel La Michele
Ranked #2 of 8 St Martins B&B and Inns
Polegate, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel & Hospitality”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

First time I have stayed at this Hotel & Certainly won't be the last!!
Dino & Celeste are Great hosts & go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one!
Great food & a Wonderful location make this hotel a Great choice !!
Highly Recommended!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Alan S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stratford-upon-Avon
Reviewed 25 April 2014

For 2014 La Michele is now under new management and I am delighted to report that Dino and Celeste continue the very high standards maintained by Roger and Susie for so many years.

Immaculate rooms, courteous service, splendid food with excellent options for the veggie!

Very convenient for public transport.

Strongly recommended hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Noel S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Warm welcome and a great stay,lovely quiet location.Hotel is about ten minutes drive from the airport and about two minute walk from bus stop.St peter port is about twenty five minutes walk from the hotel down hill,or ten minutes by bus or car.Nice breakfast and evening meals, rooms cleaned daily and towels changed. Dino and Celeste lovely hosts and if you like sailing ask Dino he may take you out for a sail. Hopefully be back next year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank margaret156
Newark
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This was a last-minute booking for two nights on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and everything about my stay was excellent. Dino and Celeste are charming and attentive hosts who went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The poached eggs at breakfast were easily the best I have ever tasted and the evening meals were very good. I was not a typical tourist as I was in Guernsey to visit my son who had been admitted to hospital a few days earlier - fortunately he was discharged the day I arrived - but I would definitely recommend La Michele as a relaxing base for getting to know the island.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marianne H
hertfodshire
Reviewed 19 April 2014

A very warm welcome and a great stay. This is not my first stay at La Michele but I on this visit I was unsure of what to expect as the previous owners have apparently retired and are no longer involved in the running of the hotel. I have to say I need not have been concerned at all as it is still a fabulous little place to stay. I received a very warm welcome from Dino and Celest who could not have done more to ensure I was comfortable. My breakfast was lovely - very fresh and very tasty. If you like staying in small hotels that are independent and individual rather than a chain hotel then I can fully recommend staying here, also the rates are very good value. On this visit I did not have a hire car and I used the buses, the bus stop is only minutes away with a good service to St Peters Port and around the island. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Every time I have stayed the rooms have all been good and it's a nice quite location.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our 2nd year staying at La Michele and it was equally as good as the first year. La Michele is conveniently located for trips into town, coastal walks etc. We did do a lot of walking as we flew to the island instead of catching the ferry. To be honest as the island is quite small there really is no need for a car. Susie & Roger really make you feel welcome and La Michele gives you that comfy at home feeling. Our room was lovely, very clean, very warm & had lots of wardrobe space. The breakfasts were fabulous, so much to choose from and it was never too much trouble for the chef to cater for slight alterations to what was on offer. Even though we only had two evening meals there, they were equally as fantastic as breakfast. The waiting staff were excellent, polite, attentive, friendly, by the time our week was up they felt like we had known them for years. Quite a lot of the other guests stay at La Michele year after year, that speaks for itself. We hope to stay here again very soon. Martin & Karen, Cambridge

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 885Karen48
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here at the recommendation of my parents who had visited a number of times before as part of a family get together to celebrate my mother's birthday. Great little hotel with that personal touch you just dont get in the large chain hotels. Room was large, spacious, clean and comfortable.
Food was wonderful, with a good selection and always served with a friendly smile.
Any downsides? Not really. Only thing I can think of is that Wi-Fi is not available in the rooms, only in certain public areas. (But is quick and reliable when connected)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port
Blue Horizon Hotel
Blue Horizon Hotel
#5 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Hotel La Michele? Share your experiences!