“Small cafe in Saint Martins.”
Review of La Croix Guerin Cafe - CLOSED

La Croix Guerin Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Small cafe in Saint Martins.”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

On the corner in Saint Martins, serving teas, coffees, lunches and various foods. Friendly staff, good food, what else do you need.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Guernseylink

Confolens, France
“Good breakfast, and nice to sit outside”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had quite a few breakfasts here which have been good, tasty and consistent. The sausages and bacon is very good, and so is the toast.

They also cater for celiacs, with some gluten free options.

The breakfast are a little expensive, and the staff can be a bit hassled, and off hand. The owner also can be a litte off hand, or stressed, even though you become regulars.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Onestewart
Guernsey
“Perfect stop for breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Don't expect 5 star but friendly service, quick service and good all round food. I love going for breakfast. Nice to sit outside if the weather is good.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank RMHH
Guernsey
“Half an hour and order not even taken”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Went to La Croix Guerin for lunch (supposedly) however only ended up having a drink. Having waited for over half an hour to have my order taken, I asked one of the many waitresses standing around if they could take it, only to be told "we've only got one chef on, it's going to be a bit of a wait". When I asked how long I was told "half an hour?" in a tone that gave me no confidence whatsoever, so I decided to leave. An hour to get food in a cafe is ridiculous, I should have suggested that one or two of the waitresses who were stood round doing very little go and help in the kitchen, but decided to vote with my feet instead. I won't be back for quite some time I don't think.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank GuernseyPhil
Manchester, United Kingdom
“a great find!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We called in here one morning for breakfast as we'd seen it in passing over the week on Guernsey. From the warm welcome by Zena waitress to the meadow court breakfast we couldn't have been made more welcome. The food is excellent, service great and sitting outside on the patio with its plants and relaxed atmosphere was the best way to start the day. Thanks!! Will be back next time!

• Visited July 2011