“Don't bother with the restaurant”
Review of Saints Bay Hotel

Saints Bay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I went to saints bay for a relaxing lunch with family. What I got was a mass of unorganised chaos. It started with the order taker. She has no idea about what drinks the bar offered and went round the table and managed to forget to ask two people what they wanted!! Then after a considerable wait the drinks finally arrived and the order was wrong. How hard can it be to get six drinks right when you have written it all down? When we got round to ordering food the poor service continued, the women must of read our order back six times with different results each time however my biggest complaint comes when the food actually arrived. Why bother having a menu when your not going to stick to what it says? I ordered the saints bay special which is basically a burger that was meant to come with bacon, cheese and chips with salad garnish and it actually came with salad in the bun and an egg on top!! Why did the egg suddenly appear? Did the chef have some spare to get rid of? The children's sausage and chips was asked for with no extras and came with salad and almost a whole garden!! On the whole a very poor experience and I will not be returning and I will make sure everyone I know with never step foot in this place.

Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Saints Bay Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed at Saints Bay Hotel from 16th - 27th July this year. From our arrival to check out we had no complaints. Our room was light, airy, well furnished and clean. The food was SUPERB - with plenty of choice (and lots of it!). The staff were friendly and helpful - our special thanks to Janis, Sam(uel), Flavio, Sam and Mohammed for making our stay extra special.
The hotel is in a lovely spot - the bay and cliff walks just round the corner and only a 5 minute walk to the bus. We'll certainly recommend it to our friends.

Derek & Carol Franklin
Ruddington

Room Tip: Best not to have a ground floor room near the pool as it can be quite noisy (especially in school ho...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cawston_11
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We chose this hotel based largely on the reviews on thsi site, and on the basis of the fact that we'd walked past it several times when visiting Guernsey and it looked really nice. We were looking forward to something really special.

We arrived after dark, thanks to a flight delay, so no chance of anything to eat.

The only light that worked in the room was in the enterence, so we couldn't really see what room was like. Bathroom had no windows, so we ended up having to use our mobile phones in there.

Hair dryer was broken ...

The heating was on full blast (in July) and the controls didn't seem to work, so we opened up the window ...

The room window was right above the diningroom/bar area, and we were then subjected to noise until quite late.

These things happen though - you can't blame hotel for a late arrival ... right? A nice lay-in and late breakfast would fix everything.

NOT!

At around 06:15 we were woken by music coming from the dining room again. After dealing with the lack of light in bathroom again,etc, etc, we made it down to Breakfast.

Service was awful, food in short supply not what we ordered.

We reported problems to reception and went out for the day.

On return, repeated the report because we still had no lights or hair dryer..

Thought better of a repeat of breakfast experience, so walked up the road to les Douveres for dinner. Excellent.

On return to hotel, still no lights, still lots of noise ... and so it continued for the final day of our trip.

Eventually the lights and dryer were fixed, and heating stopped acting up, but noise continued throughout ... the same CD ... over and over again. IF I EVER HAVE TO LISTEN TO TINY DANCER BY ELTON JOHN AGAIN, I'LL BL**DY KILL SOMEONE!!!!

A previous reviewer said there's no way this place deserved three stars, and they are right.
I've stayed in a lot of hotels in Guernsey through work and for pleasure, and I thought I knew what to expect from a 3 start hotel over there by now, but I guess I don't. COmpare this place to Les Douvres or the barbarie a short walk up the road (both 3 star), and you'll see what I mean.

As for the raving reviews ... form your own opinion ... maybe the hotel has changed hands recently ... who knows.

Spectacular setting aside, without question, the worst place I've ever stayed at in Guernsey.

This place sucks, and I won't be going anywhere near it again.

Room Tip: If your room overlooks the diningroom/pool area, forget about sleeping.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

excellent hotel, unable to fault this hotel. excellent staff,food and facilities.5 star service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2011

When my wife was rushed to hospital last week with a sudden severe illness whilst we were on a short 4-day break to the Saints Bay Hotel, the amazing staff 'team' roared into action. Nothing was too much for every member of staff and we will never forget their kindness, friendliness and genuine concern, not only for my wife but also myself. During my 'extended' stay, I had plenty of time to witness the excellence of the hotel facilities - the cleanliness, comfortable rooms and superb dining facilities and cuisine - all at very reasonable tariffs.
To Jamie, Ze, the girls and everybody at this wonderful 'jewel' in Guernsey, thank you so much for everything, especially the glorious flower arrangement sent to my wife in hospital. To you readers, please rest assured we will return to this intimate and pleasurable hotel to re-iterate our thanks and properly enjoy the hospitality the Saints Bay Hotel delivers.

Room Tip: Ours was an 'en-suite' room, with lots of space, light and the expected room facilities and...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Went in August for a week, wedding anniversary, superior room????? don't think so, dirty carpet, walls marked from water ingress, shower screen useless, hate to think what a standard room would have been like!!!!!!!!, more contractors in hotel than holidaymakers most nights, most staff helpful but some just didn't understand the lingo!!!!, hotel needed a good refurbish, pool area needed a good tidy up (surrounded by tab ends & weeds). Spent most nights up at the BARBARIE, far superior, excellent staff, excellent food, Cobo Bay Hotel was also much superior. Saints Bay Hotel had a lot of potential but did not deliver a 3 star deal. Guernsey is a brilliant place, choose your hotel with care.ETER

Room Tip: Find one in another hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I had originally booked for a deluxe bedroom however on arriving at the room (after having walked down a long corridor in pitch black) I found that infact we had been given a superior room which was quite small and crowded. The bathroom ceiling also seemed as though it was going to come down on us- it wasnt in the best state ever. The bathmat was the only thing that was dirty. I made the receptionist aware of this and he apologised and offered to move us to another room however, after having unpacked. We decided to give it a miss. We had dinner in the restaurant which I must say was lovely and the waitress was extremely friendly!
Overall we were satisfied with our stay but the receptionist made a small adjustment to our bill As we had not been given quite what we came for. Tennerfest menu excellent however!

• Stayed: November 2011
#1 of 19 in St Peter Port
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Saints Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!