“What a special place!”
Review of Hotel Bella Luce

Hotel Bella Luce
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Just to put my review in context, I have been commuting to Guernsey to the UK for 3 months, and have stayed in many hotels across all price ranges (including the most expensive) and would rate the Bella Luce, overall, as the best there is.
The welcome was exceptionally warm and that's just what is needed after an early start commuting and a long day at work. I was shown to my room and found it spacious, comfortable and well appointed. Everything worked really well (shower pressure, wi-fi speed etc) and the bed was large and very comfy. Every member of staff I spoke to everywhere in the hotel, receiption, bar and dining room were helpful, friendly and courteous and made me feel like nothing was too much bother. Service throughout my stay was brilliant and I was always attended to happily and with a smile! Some Guernsey hotels do not understand that different guests have different requirements, ie, those on holiday can spend an hour at breakfast and want to be pampered, others on business need some quick food and service before work. In my experience, the Bella Luce and its staff really get this and accommodates all types of guests very well.
My room and the hotel generally were spotless throughout. And the food, wow! Three different menus to choose from and every meal I had there was delicious. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anybody. I will certainly be going back, in fact I am next week!
Overall, I found the Bella Luce was excellent and it just had a lovely atmosphere about the place, largely generated by the management and staff. Thank you!

Room Tip: I cannot speak for other rooms, but I stayed in 201, excellent!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We are happy to confirm other reviews about this outstanding facility. From the moment that we were met at the ferry dock until we reluctantly departed, the entire staff made our stay most memorable. A special thanks to Christian and the lovely Colleen O'Hara for their recommendations and guidance during our visit. Their personalities seems to meld into the character of the entire island. I certainly hope our travels allow for our return someday.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We decided that this hotel would be the place to stay to celebrate my 50th birthday and we were not disappointed. Our room (105) was gorgeous and pure luxury, even has a bath with a beautiful mirrored screen around it in our bedroom! The seperate shower room and toilet was also first class and extremely clean. It was tiled from floor to ceiling with marble tiles. The only negative was not having a dressing table with mirror for those close up views for me to do my hair and makeup (as I'm blind as a bat from a distance) but apart from that we really enjoyed our four night stay eating fantastic food in the elegant restaurant and even the bar meals were top quality. All staff were very friendly and helpful and we could not have wished for a better time in Guernsey.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room or you may regret it!
Reviewed 27 September 2012

What can we say PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.No downside at all, staff, food and car parking was excellent even for the size of my car. Christian and Michael in reception gave a lot of helpful advice as well as the Irish lass, lovely girl..Would I return again to this hotel you had better believe it as well as the island being so PERFECT as well.

Room Tip: Great room what more can I say.
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable with modern furnishings, The only downside to our room was that it overlooked the car park, but that didn't really matter. The hotel was also very quiet, and we therefore slept really well all week. The hotel is a 35-40 minute walk from St Peter Port. The walk from the hotel to the town is downhill and quite pleasant. We did this a couple of times, and relied on buses for our journey back. We hired a car for a couple of days, which the hotel staff kindly sorted out for us. This was a great way to see the whole island at our leisure. The food at the hotel was excellent. We had an evening meal twice, and both times the food was delicious. The only thing we weren't too keen on was being placed in such close proximity to other guests at mealtimes. So close, that you could hear other people's conversations! I think the hotel staff could have spaced us out a bit more. The hotel had an outdoor pool, which unfortunately we didn't get to use as it was too cold! The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would happily revisit this hotel and recommend to others.

1  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for business last night and it was lovely. Nice restaurant and very clean rooms with four poster bed, excellent clean bathroom and friendly staff couldn't ask for more. Peaceful and quiet too.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel and very pleased we did.

The hotel is beautifully furnished, has a lot of character and the staff were excellent, particularly Christian and Michael in reception who gave a lot of helpful advice. Breakfast was of a high standard and although we did not eat dinner here, the menu looked very good.

Our room was lovely and we both enjoyed a good nights sleep.

The area is tranquil but conveniently located only a short distance from the main town.

We definitely hope to visit again.

Guernsey itself was beautiful and the town in particular had a lot of character. Although I would say Jersey beaches are prettier, Guernsey overall is a lot quainter and the environment seems to have been considered more when building.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Martins
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Bella Luce? Share your experiences!