“Outstanding”
Review of Hotel Bella Luce

Hotel Bella Luce
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had one night at the Bella Luce to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was outstanding from start to finish.
The staff were so attentive without being intrusive. Our first surprise was that our room had been upgraded because it was a special occasion. It was a beautiful room, very comfortable and luxurious decor.Lovely bathroom which I think is so important. We had afternoon tea which was just gorgeous but so filling. Bearing in mind that we were due to eat a three course meal in the evening it was totally impossible to do the afternoon tea justice!
Our meal was wonderful too. The chef should be very proud, wonderful food.
The breakfast the next morning was great too. A real treat, I couldn't fault the hotel at all. You must stay here if you can!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I am local and recently stayed with my husband and four other friends at the Bella Luce Hotel, We had purchased a quids in deal for a £135,00 for a prosseco afternoon tea, three Course meal and overnight stay with breakfast for two people which may I say is excellent value .

I am a Travel Agent and know only to well what the normal cost is to stay in a hotel in Guernsey so I knew that this was an excellent price and we were definately not disappointed.

We decided to check in at 1400 to make the most of the weekend and were greeted by a friendly receptionist who asked us if we had travelled far, I replied that we were local and had only taken about ten minuted to get to the Hotel from our house , she was friendly and showed us to our room , when I booked the quids in deal it was for a premier double room but they did not have any available so accepted the standard double which was perfectly ok , it had everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard , We had booked our afternoon tea for 1500 as we were eating in the restaurant that night and did not want to spoil our appetite.

Nelson came over and gave us a glass of cold presseco each and then a selection of tea's myself and my husband asked if we could have coffee and that was bought out to us along with a slate tray consisting of two large Scones , fresh Guernsey cream and Jam , an individual Lemon Meringue Pie and a a large piece of Caramel Shortbread , we had a good attempt to try eat it all but we were all defeated.

We went for a walk down to Moulin Huet where there is the most spectaculer view and went back to the Hotel for a rest before getting ready for the evening.

We all met down in the bar for a drink and then we were given our menu to choose from and we were escorted to our table.

I thought maybe because we were on a quids in deal that the food may suffer but how wrong was I , the food was fantastic , I ordered Asparagus and Artichoke Rissotto , followed by Sea Bass on a bed ofwarm potao salad and Asparagus and the Cheese and Biscuits , everybody agreed the food was absolutely wonderful.

We met up for breakfast at 0900 and again we were not disappointed , the majority of us had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with cracked black pepper and it was the best that I have ever had , so fresh and very tasty , there were juices cold meats and cheeses, croissants etc and a good selection of freshly cooked food off of the breakfast menu

I will definately recommend the Bella Luce Hotel and cannot wait until an offer comes up again as we will be booking it for sure

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2013

OK, so it's not cheap, however the Bella Luce is a boutique hotel. It is situated in its own grounds on the south side of Guernsey, ideal for easy access to St Peter Port (4 kilometres) and for country walks round the south coast cliff and bays.

My bedroom was generous in size, en-suite with heating, LCD TV, free Wi-Fi internet, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. It was generally clean and inviting. There was supposed to be a hairdryer but as I don't use one I didn't notice it wasn't there until my last day when the manager came and found me to personally apologise!

The lounge bar (dating back to the 11th century) offers a convivial and cosy atmosphere and is a great place to while away an evening. Drinks are served throughout the day and a comprehensive bar lunch menu is available in either the bar or gardens. They also offer afternoon tea.

The restaurant has a fine reputation for its excellent cuisine - an a la carte menu with fresh seafood specialities and local produce, and an extensive wine list. The food is superb. In the morning it offers a traditional breakfast.

Outside there is car parking and an outdoor swimming pool but it was covered over while I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

A quaint hotel but the photos of the garden and pool area on the website do not look anything like
the photos I took. Pool was covered over. Full of leaves, dirty and closed! No seating available in this area and overall extremely disappointing. Management was not interested in our comments which we thought were fair. Website photos are a misrepresentation of what we found. The only outside chairs and tables were by the bar area where cats were allowed to sunbathe on white tablecloths hence covered in cat hair. Obviously the house cats took priority over paying guests.

Room Tip: Our room was good but some of our party were in tiny rooms. No lift facility and management did not...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WillWooBatters
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I attended a business meal in the restaurant and I can only say this was one of the most perfect evenings I've had in a long time.

The food was of an extreemly high standard with the service absolutely faultless. The attitude of the staff was second to none. What more can I say than this hotel and the restauraunt is really worth a visit.

I also visit the Bella Luce for coffees and quick meetings particularly in the Summer where I sit outside in their lovely garden.

They are in a beautiful part of Guernsey and within easy walking distance of Moulin Huet Bay from where the artist Renoir painted many coastal scenes

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This was our first visit to Guernsey. The hotel is well located in a quiet rural setting, with cliff walks close by. The staff were great from the moment we arrived, showing us around the hotel and giving information on the island. We had dinner at the restaurant, and the quality and service were excellent. A great place for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, country style, idyllic retreat away from the town, then look no further. A great place to stay, very comfortable, and styled to a "mini" country home, with the odd element of a chic boutique thrown in.. They even have a separate Spa if you want to get any treatments. Ive stayed here a number of times throughout the year and its a place that you will find great in any season, nice grounds and gardens with a pool in the summer with drinks on the patio, but with open fireplaces and cosy bar areas in the winter The hotel entrance and reception area is quite small and personal, but the service is exceptional...very polite and you are always escorted to your room. Rooms are very nicely finished off, if not a little small but very comfortable and all have the amenities you would expect, including bathrobes. Bathrooms are small but look very new, my only complaint was the shower....nice and powerful but the shower curtain was just a little short and consequently the water went everywhere! This was not just a one off as its the same in all the rooms I have stayed in. The stairs from the rooms down to the reception are old Oak, very beautiful but very noisy especially if your room was close to them and you are a light sleeper! .... The free internet was accessible throughout the hotel - The Bar / Restaurant was well light, warm and had a great feeling to it! Staff were extremely polite, courteous and professional. The food....WoW! Incredible.....both at dinner and the breakfast. If you want a nice weekend away then this is the place to stay. Not the cheapest place, but in this instance you do get what you pay for....and more!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Bella Luce? Share your experiences!