“Absolutely superb!”
Review of Hotel Bella Luce

Hotel Bella Luce
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and myself stayed at Hotel Bella Luce for 3 nights and found their hospitality absolutely superb! They very kindly upgraded our room on hearing that it was our 10th wedding anniversary, making it extremely special for us. No matter what interaction we had with any of the staff, everyone was always friendly and helpful, no matter what time of day or night. Rooms were spotlessly clean. Food was of the highest quality. Easy access to the beautiful walk cliff walks too. Five stars all the way!!!! Will definitely see us again.

Room Tip: The bridal room is gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angie D

Reviewed 15 March 2014

When we checked in to this hotel the staff were very nice & looked immaculate. When we were shown to our room I was very impressed, it was nicely furnished & the bathroom was really nice & clean. There was a plate with 4 chocolate brownies & a plate with a good selection of fruit, it was delicious.

We went down to the bar at 6.30 for a cocktail before dinner. The bar was empty & cold with no atmosphere but the bar staff were really nice & the cocktail was really tasty!

We sat down for dinner & the waiters were extremely attentive & efficient & the food was really good from starter to desert. There was a mix up with one of our starters bug it was very quickly rectified & we were very pleased & satisfied by the end of our meal.

Breakfast was equally as good as dinner with a good selection of hot & cold food, & the service was just as good as at dinner. Everything about our stay was 5 star.

But, the reason I only gave it 4 stars was because I had the worst sleep ever! We both did. For starters our bed was 2 singles pushed together & although we had one sheet across both mattresses, you could easily feel the edge of both mattresses. Secondly my husbands bed had a massive dip in the middle which I guess was maybe due to broken springs. We let the staff know the following morning but it was late when we went to bed & all of our stuff was unpacked & we didn't want the hassle of changing rooms at that time of night. Finally, the walls were so paper thin that I could hear EVERYTHING! Any person who walked past our room I could hear, & when a couple people stopped in the corridor & were chatting I could hear them. And at 4am when people were walking around the hotel (not sure why at that time!) they woke me up too. Even if people were talking quietly in the rooms either side of us I could hear everything they said.

So to summarise I would DEFINITELY go back to this hotel for breakfast & dinner but I wouldn't go back & stay there unless I was guaranteed a quieter more sound proofed room (if that is possible).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ladysledge
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A charming stone country house that has obviously been extended over the years to allow for rooms/spa etc.
Great bar atmosphere and friendly staff throughout....

Internet is a little fuzzy in some rooms and more than one person in our group (including me) had a problem figuring out how to use the portable electric heaters in the rooms.

The beds could have benefited from a thicker duvet / quilt as the weather was 'typical Guernsey' for the time of year.....horizontal rain and quite chilly with wind howling around the window frames. However, the generous single malt pour took care of the chill.

Good breakfast...and hot (served well after official 'hot breakfast' closing time !)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank notshur
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is lovely, with lots of character but the staff are superb. Throughout the organisation, their attention to detail and genuine interest in ensuring your stay is all it could be is what sets this hotel apart from many others we have visited. We had a delicious meal in the restaurant, were tempted by a few too many cocktails in the bar and pampered in the luxury of the spa. Definitely somewhere to return to. Thank you to all, but particularly to Colleen and Hayley who went out of their way to make sure we were thoroughly spoiled.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous overnight stay at Bella Luce Hotel. From the minute we walked into Reception and was greeted with a smile and a welcome it just continued to get better! Our room was lovely - warm, inviting, with robes and complimentary toiletries as well as tea and coffee facilities and bottled water. Our evening meal was beautifully presented and tasted divine. The service was attentive, discreet and friendly and we could want for nothing. After a quiet, restful night we had a superb breakfast, freshly cooked (nothing sitting under heat lamps for hours on end). The atmosphere throughout the hotel is so restful and relaxing and we will definitely be back!

Margaret Robilliard

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a lovely evening meal, food and service great and background live guitar music very pleasant. Room very clean and comfortable. Cliff walks within easy reach from the Hotel. Susie's visit to the Spa was very relaxing & enjoyable. Breakfast was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andylep
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on 4 separate occasions and I have always loved it! This time was the first time I felt things were slipping! The black soap dish had about 5 chunks out it - looked awful! Why wouldn't you throw it out - I gave it to reception and suggested this! I was in Guernsey to attend a black tie event, I told the reception where I was going and they arranged taxis for me - imagine then my disbelief when I returned at 1 am to find the hotel all closed up! I couldn't get in! I rang the number for the hotel and got a young girl out of bed to let me in - unacceptable! When I discussed this the following morning, I was told that as it is the winter they do not have a Night Porter .....and!!!!!!! If they knew I was going out for an event, why would they not tell me the code for the security access which is on the door! Would hate to see this hotel slip, it has a fab restaurant and the rooms are great but if you don't pay attention to detail or look after your guests then there is no point!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
The Farmhouse Hotel
The Farmhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Saint Saviour

Been to Hotel Bella Luce? Share your experiences!