Hotel Bella Luce
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Les Douvres Hotel(St Martins)
View Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel(St Martins)
Carlton Hotel(St Martins)
View Hotel
Blue Horizon Hotel(St Martins)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel(St Peter Port)
Hotel Jerbourg(St Martins)
View Hotel
Pandora Hotel(St Peter Port)
View Hotel
Abbey Court Hotel(St Peter Port)
View Hotel
All reviewsgin tastingbeautiful hotelboutique hotelthree course mealwine liststaff were attentiveoverlooking the gardenmoulin huetafternoon teaweekend breaklovely bathroomlovely atmospherest peter portbeautiful islandfirst classfollowing morningcannot fault
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014

very pleasant and helpful staff, a most attractive Hotel from the front -back 1960's!
nice bedroom clean tidy nice toiletries. Nice Spa with good services and delightful staff.
Staying at the Bella Luce made for a nice two night stay in Guernsey.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GuyCharrison
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel is really nice, with a touch of luxury but not overly posh. Staff is very friendly, above all the girls at the reception, who are smiley and helpful. Breakfast is rich, and really nice, and with a 5 star service from the staff. We also had dinners at the restaurant and I would say it was absolutely delicious with a careful attention from the staff. Would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank rosso_malpelo2002
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and myself stayed at Hotel Bella Luce for 3 nights and found their hospitality absolutely superb! They very kindly upgraded our room on hearing that it was our 10th wedding anniversary, making it extremely special for us. No matter what interaction we had with any of the staff, everyone was always friendly and helpful, no matter what time of day or night. Rooms were spotlessly clean. Food was of the highest quality. Easy access to the beautiful walk cliff walks too. Five stars all the way!!!! Will definitely see us again.

Room Tip: The bridal room is gorgeous!
2  Thank Angie D
Reviewed 15 March 2014

When we checked in to this hotel the staff were very nice & looked immaculate. When we were shown to our room I was very impressed, it was nicely furnished & the bathroom was really nice & clean. There was a plate with 4 chocolate brownies & a plate with a good selection of fruit, it was delicious.

We went down to the bar at 6.30 for a cocktail before dinner. The bar was empty & cold with no atmosphere but the bar staff were really nice & the cocktail was really tasty!

We sat down for dinner & the waiters were extremely attentive & efficient & the food was really good from starter to desert. There was a mix up with one of our starters bug it was very quickly rectified & we were very pleased & satisfied by the end of our meal.

Breakfast was equally as good as dinner with a good selection of hot & cold food, & the service was just as good as at dinner. Everything about our stay was 5 star.

But, the reason I only gave it 4 stars was because I had the worst sleep ever! We both did. For starters our bed was 2 singles pushed together & although we had one sheet across both mattresses, you could easily feel the edge of both mattresses. Secondly my husbands bed had a massive dip in the middle which I guess was maybe due to broken springs. We let the staff know the following morning but it was late when we went to bed & all of our stuff was unpacked & we didn't want the hassle of changing rooms at that time of night. Finally, the walls were so paper thin that I could hear EVERYTHING! Any person who walked past our room I could hear, & when a couple people stopped in the corridor & were chatting I could hear them. And at 4am when people were walking around the hotel (not sure why at that time!) they woke me up too. Even if people were talking quietly in the rooms either side of us I could hear everything they said.

So to summarise I would DEFINITELY go back to this hotel for breakfast & dinner but I wouldn't go back & stay there unless I was guaranteed a quieter more sound proofed room (if that is possible).

1  Thank Ladysledge
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A charming stone country house that has obviously been extended over the years to allow for rooms/spa etc.
Great bar atmosphere and friendly staff throughout....

Internet is a little fuzzy in some rooms and more than one person in our group (including me) had a problem figuring out how to use the portable electric heaters in the rooms.

The beds could have benefited from a thicker duvet / quilt as the weather was 'typical Guernsey' for the time of year.....horizontal rain and quite chilly with wind howling around the window frames. However, the generous single malt pour took care of the chill.

Good breakfast...and hot (served well after official 'hot breakfast' closing time !)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business