“Silent nights and stunning scenery.”
Review of Hotel Jerbourg

Hotel Jerbourg
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Fantastic location with stunning cliff walks from the door. The regular local bus stopped right outside and took you into St Peters Port for only £1. We could not quite see the marvellous view from our room but it was no hardship to take a few steps outside to see Herm, Sark, Jersey and the French coast. We found the staff pleasant and helpful and the room comfortable and clean with an excellent shower. The bed was slightly hard but that is preferable to saggy which we have experienced in other hotels! It was also completely quiet at night, another great bonus! We had no complaints about breakfast, which had plenty of choice and enjoyed the meals we had in both the bar and resturant. We had fantastic weather for our week in Guernsey which obviously helped in our enjoyment but we would happily return or recommend the Hotel Jerbourg to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Although the scenery and position of the hotel was as good as expected, the overall hotel experience was a bit of a disappointment. We didn't feel that the staff were very well organised and displayed a rather laid back attitude towards the guests. Cooked breakfast was nice, but the croissants were stale for the first two days and grapefruit segments were very fizzy. Dinner at the restaurant was ok but we considered it to be overpriced and not in the league that the website says it is. Bar lounge is nicely refitted and has a modern feel, but the restuarant layout is a bit odd. Loved Guernsey but hotel experience there could have been better for the price we paid.

Room Tip: For sea view, need to be on first floor.
2  Thank HertfordshireIsabel
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I've held off writing this as, at the time of our visit in early May, all the other reviews raved about the Jerbourg, and we felt "is it just us?" as we were underwehelmed by comparison.

As we'd taken a week's bargain break package which gave us flights, car hire and B&B for the same price as we expected to pay for a hotel, I didn't feel like griping but everything was average, not outstanding. Nothing to complain about for the price we paid, the room was jaded but not dirty, the pool area was being repaired so sitting out for a late afternoon drink wasn't as quiet as it might have been.

The only thing that spoilt it for us was the eating arrangements. They have a restaurant and also do bar snacks. On a budget we're happy with bar snacks, with a pint and the ambience of a lively bar but were confused here when we asked for the bar snack menu and were asked if we'd booked? Not the restaurant, we said, just a bar snack. But bar snacks are served in a separate room, which is like the restaurant but not as grand. The atmosphere in there was dead - other couples eating but hardly speaking, in hushed voices. Very strange.

Also, our trip was a birthday celebration and I'd promised my wife she'd spend her birthday on Herm. With a ferry to catch, wasn't that the day when the breakfast service was terrible? Not a major cause for complaint but colouring our judgment, perhaps?

All our disappointments were minor and possibly untypical of the hotel which is situated in a fabulous position with brilliant cliff path walks from the doorstep, and a huge car park, and bus stop outside for travelling around the island.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderingdubyas
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This place has the selling point of being on the top of Jerbourg Road, over looking the sea. Unfortunately this is the only best point of the hotel. Everything else is very dated and tired. I stayed there six years ago and it was okay, but the rooms were looking tired then. The room was £170 a night for a suite, supposedly. The bed looked like it had never been changed, it was so hard, the sheets although looked clean, were tired, there was a big stain on the carpet in the corner. The bathroom was clean, but again the shower was a joke. They did there best to try and accommodate us, but I felt for the price they were charging it took the proverbial a bit.

I never had a meal there, as I felt there was a funny smell coming from there. We went to the Auberge. Auberge out of this world, the food was gorgeous. That was the only the best part of the first night of our holiday in the Channel Islands. Had breakfast there next morning, never touched any of it, as I have severe diet problems and tooked my own food, I needed a bowl, the bowls were old and were dirty, my Husband said I was making a fuss! but I just felt I did not want to eat out of them.

This place needs some TLC, it is in a fabulous location and I am sure if it had some TLC it could be outstanding. Jerbourg take note. Stocks in Sark charge £15 more a night for a suite, a suite, which it was. This cheered me up no end, as I felt that I could finally relax and enjoy my break.

7  Thank luxorbabe
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Just back from 4 nights with family. What made this a good hotel was the staff who were all polite, friendly, smiling and nothing was too much trouble for them. The service was good and attentive without being intrusive. Great position on the end of the island with views to other islands on a clear day. Bar and restaurant good - we ate in the bar most evenings - food good and plentiful without being huge meals.
Rooms OK, everything you needed and most have sea views.
Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Had a lovely five night stay at The Jerbourg Hotel with my husband. We booked on line through Condor Ferries. Five nights for the price of 4. Booked this particular hotel after reading trip advisor reviews and what a lovely holiday. We didnt want to leave!. The location is perfect with beautiful views, our room had a sea view. A great place for people who enjoy walking as the coastal path passes the hotel. Walked back from St Peter Port on the coastel route one day. Thank goodness we could sit down after climbing up hills and down them, but so worth the views. A special mention must be made for the staff especially the waiting staff and bar staff. who are extremely hard working, professional and friendly, they made our stay perfect and always managed to accomodate us even though we always forgot to book an evening bar meal, thankyou to them. Excellent choice of meals and very tasty. We hope to come again.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and I had a great four day break at The Jerbourg Hotel, we booked up through Condor Ferries, with our car traveling from Weymouth,on a B&B and evening meal deal all included in the price, The service from the Hotel staff all round was great,and the food in the restaurant for dinner in the evening with a 3 course meal was wonderfull and great value for money,the room we stayed in had a great view out to sea looking over the other Channel Islands with the French coast to view on a clear day. The hotel is in a lovely quiet spot on the headland & yet only about fifteen minutes from St Peters port. The staff all round made us feel very welcome guests,especialy Melissa at reception. We cant wait to return.

Room Tip: No Lift so lower floors if walking difficulties
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Jerbourg? Share your experiences!