“Wonderful pilgrimage!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Bath, United Kingdom
“Wonderful pilgrimage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I lived in Guernsey 25 years ago and wanted to re-visit with my Mum so picked the hotel nearest to the Hotel i used to work at (The Idlerocks, a burnt out shell these days!) When I lived there the Jerbourg was a run down wreck called....no longer! What a wonderful place with un-rivald views. The staff from the moment we arrived were wonderful, fun and welcoming! The receptionists were all lovely and the bar and resturant staff were great. The food was great, i, being a chef myself am very critical but it was imaginative and delicious. I can't praise this hotel enough. The only downside was all the stairs to our room as my mum really struggled but you can always get a ground floor room!
Thank you to all for making our pilgrimage really special!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank theresajb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed for one week at this lovely hotel. Had 2 rooms, one superior room and the suite. beautiful rooms with fabulous views. Lovely pool area with towels provided. Clifftop walks nearby. Hotel staff superb and couldnt do enough for you. Very good bus service.
The food was excellent and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ashton62
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband and I have just returned from 10 days in Guernsey staying at Jerbourg.
We had a wonderful holiday,nd the hotel staff were excellent and very helpful. Good food,rooms , views and facilities. I would recommend the hotel and we will certainly being going back.

Room Tip: Go for the superior rooms, and the first floor has the better views
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barbara C
lancashire, england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Even without a sea view room, you will be impressed with the position of this hotel. It is a two minute walk from the grounds to the cliff top and fantastic views over the sea. Local walks are fabulous and not too strenuous. The location is a bit out on a limb, but the bus comes and stops right outside, so it is easy to reach other parts of the island. Where the hotel fell down a little was the food. The full menu was pricey and the food from the bar menu seemed to emphasise quantity rather than quality. Breakfasts were OK but the hot options (self-service) were left standing for quite a long time, so the fried eggs and poached eggs looked a bit unappetising. The room was OK and the staff generally friendly. Having said that, I would stay there again because it is such a good position and nothing about the hotel was bad.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank oldvole
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed in Gurensey seveeral times,but only eaten here. One of the best places to eat. In last two weeks eaten at the five top rated restaurants on trip adviser in Gurensey and this should be up there. Looking forward to return trip again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is my second visit, I came on my own this time with my two young children as I was attending a family occassion and my husband was working. Daunting to go away on your own but the staff couldn't do more to help me, arranging a cot in my room and making up a separate double bed from the sofa for my six year old in a family superior room, and we still had plenty of room for colouring!
The rooms are beautifully decorarated with lovely fabrics and cushions. We were overlooking the sea and heated pool below which was perfect as the weather was stunning. The beds were incredibly comfortable and big enough for my two children to bundle into in the morning and sometimes during the night too.
At breakfast the waiter was lovely with the children, interacting with them and had our table set up with our name and a high chair waiting. Upon returning to the table after playing outside with the kids for a while he had washed up my bottles without even being asked. They provided soya milk also which is a big plus point for me!
The location is a beauty spot on the island and we took full advantage of the stunning views sitting on the bench eating ice lollies and ventured a small part of the cliff walk successfully.
The other thing I'd say about the hotel is the great food, we had a fantastic lunch in the dining room with the patio doors open and the sea view which was very lovely and the provided me with a kids menu. one last thing... the gateaux and coffee are worth a visit even if you aren't staying there!

Room Tip: Sea view room is stunning
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 214Pepper
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I have just come back from a three day break at the Hotel Jerbourg and we were definately glad that we booked this venue. When we arrived there were two bouquets of flowers waiting for us in the room as it was our Pearl Wedding Anniversary, and the room that we were allocated couldn't have been more perfect with views to die for. Even when we woke up the next day with the wind whipping across the bay and rain lashing against the windows there was something quite magical about it. Would we go there again - most definately. A little corner of unspoilt beauty!!

Room Tip: We were in room 11. It does need refurbishing and the beds a bit lumpy but the views are to die for!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Jerbourg? Share your experiences!