“October weekend in Guernsey”
Review of Hotel Jerbourg

Hotel Jerbourg
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My wife, young Morgan (7) and I have just returned from a long weekend in Guernsey staying at the Hotel Jerboug. The hotel is set in a magnificent location on the clifftops overlooking Herm and Sark with Jersey and France in the distance. The walk from the hotel on the coastal path to St Peter Port is breathtaking and well worth the effort but it is very "up and down". The hotel is fresh and clean and staff were very freindly and attentive. The restaurant offers a very good selection to suit most tastes at reasonable rates. The Sunday carvery was very good. The outdoor swimming pool was still open but we did not try it though we will return next summer and I look forward to a relaxing time in and around the pool enjoying the views.

Room Tip: Room 7 was a good family room with views out to the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard F

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 for three nights, I opted for this hotel for the location, needed to recharge my batteries. You know you are in for exceptional service from the time of booking, when arrived I was met by very helpful reception staff. The room was excellent exceptionally clean, where it is positioned even if you are at the side of the hotel you get a sea view. Breakfast was very varied and plentiful. The free Wireless internet was a good bonus, it was powerful enough not only to work in the public areas(a lot of hotels have wi-fi and only works in public areas) but in your room also.

Room Tip: I had room #10 which was good all round.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had a 3 night stay at the Jerbourg Hotel oct 12. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, staff were efficient and friendly, we especially thought the reception staff did the hotel proud. Food was good and the views from the hotel were spectacular. We are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed the the Hotel Jerbourg for two nights whilst at a family wedding on Guernsey.
First impressions were good. The hotal is clean and well-run, and the restaurant and cafe served excellent food, drinks and pastries.

The location is stunning, with views all across the southern end of the island. The hotel sits on a small point, with a charming little walk down the hill through overhanging bushes and hedges, to a little viewpoint and seat.

The stay was trouble-free, with the rooms a little basic and small for the cost, but well presented. The only issue was my sons bed, which was a broken zedbed. We would have expected a full room with proper beds for the cost, but they sorted the bed for the boy quickly and with little hassle.

As I said, the stay was expensive, but everything in Guernsey is expensive.

The only thing preventing me from giving it 4 stars was the lack of a proper family room for the cost. This may have been a late-booking issue; I don't know.

I would probably stay there again but would ask for a nicer room.

All of the staff seemed to be from Poland/Eastern Europe, and were scrupulously polite and helpful.

All in all an OK stay.

Room Tip: Our "family room" wasn't a family room - ask for one!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jake E
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Our last visit was 25 years ago post wedding on a much reduced budget and too tired to make the most of the island-We wanted to see what Guernsey really had to offer and chose this hotel on the basis of its site and reviews-we were not disappointed-the superior room was that despite the intermittent weather, the largely Eastern European staff were superbly efficient, the food was to die for, the bed huge and comfortable(2 joined together European style), the nearby cliff walks beautiful, the bus service to front door on time, cheap(£1 wherever) and frequent.

Room Tip: Have a superior for a lovely place to relax in with lounge aspect beside sliding doors overlooking t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I lived in Guernsey 25 years ago and wanted to re-visit with my Mum so picked the hotel nearest to the Hotel i used to work at (The Idlerocks, a burnt out shell these days!) When I lived there the Jerbourg was a run down wreck called....no longer! What a wonderful place with un-rivald views. The staff from the moment we arrived were wonderful, fun and welcoming! The receptionists were all lovely and the bar and resturant staff were great. The food was great, i, being a chef myself am very critical but it was imaginative and delicious. I can't praise this hotel enough. The only downside was all the stairs to our room as my mum really struggled but you can always get a ground floor room!
Thank you to all for making our pilgrimage really special!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank theresajb
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed for one week at this lovely hotel. Had 2 rooms, one superior room and the suite. beautiful rooms with fabulous views. Lovely pool area with towels provided. Clifftop walks nearby. Hotel staff superb and couldnt do enough for you. Very good bus service.
The food was excellent and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012
Fermain Valley Hotel
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Le Friquet Country Hotel

Been to Hotel Jerbourg? Share your experiences!