“Enjoyable birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Christies

Christies
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Guernsey
“Enjoyable birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and I had a meal on Christies balcony last night to celebrate her birthday.

Warm evening outside people watching and following the boats in and out of the harbour. Lovely setting.

Linen tablecloths & napkins spotlessly clean always a good start for me. Spotlessly clean glasses another great attention to detail.

Two glasses of champagne arrived which I thought was very generous of the Manager until they realised they had delivered to the wrong table!

Next we had a little (7or 8 perhaps) boy come from inside the restaurant and stand behind my wife and start spitting at passersby underneath. In the end, as the parents were ignoring it as well as the staff I had to tell him off and ask him to stop.

Service was very efficient and our drinks and food orders were taken with just the right amount of time to decide and ponder.

My calamari fritt was delicious as was the dip that came with it. My only concern was that it was small in size, the amount of dip was miniscule and there was no dressing on the side salad.

My wife had fillet steak with chips. This was delicious and the steak quite large but again they scrimped on the chips - they only gave her eight (8!) chips in total. Yes I did count!

My Haddock on a bed of risotto with a perfectly cooked poached egg was equally delicious. The fish was cooked to perfection but was actually a very small piece of haddock which surprised me.

Drinks were suitably cold and well served but very expensive (£2.25 for a glass of lemonade).

Seems like a mixed bag but we had a lovely romantic evening in a great setting.

They put on the outside heaters which was a shame because it was then too hot. They should have asked the diners first if they wanted the heaters on.

We will continue to frequent Christies because they know how to run a good restaurant with good food and excellent service BUT just watch out for those portion sizes as they are definitely getting smaller.

• Visited August 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Christies, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear GGGSarnia,

Thank you very for your positive review. I`m glad you were able to enjoy your wifes birthday meal.

We much look forward to welcoming you back again in near future.

Kind Regards
Andrew

Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Consistently very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I took a party of family and friends to Christies and from the very warm welcome to the minute we all left, the whole experience was superb. Great menu choice at a very reasonable price. The professional way in which 30 of us was treated is a credit to the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Christies, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Johnthomo,

Thank you very much for your review, I'm very pleased that you never have been disappointed in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
midlands uk
“Nice food, however it is a small portion.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I went to this restaurant with some friends on a recommendation. The food was good however the portion size was so small it meant that you had no choice but to have a dessert to try and fill up and that was a small size. We all came away feeling hungry.

One of my group had a dirty spoon when the desserts came out; the server just said "opps, sorry"

• Visited August 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Christies, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear superman331,

Thank you very much for your review. It is very unusual to hear that our portions are small, however we will take it on board and look at it.

In the meantime I would like to have a bit more details regarding your experience and wondering if you could reply to my private message.

Once again many thanks for your review and hope you be back one day.

With Kind Regards
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Sat on the balcony overlooking the harbour on a lovely Summers evening . Really fancied carbonara which was not on the menu. I cheekily asked the very helpful restaurant manager if the chef might be able to make one for me, she came back in a couple of minutes with a yes!

The meal and service was excellent for all three of us and my "not on the menu carbonara" was one of the best I have had in years.

Visited August 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Christies, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Kevin S,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our views and it is great to hear that chef made your request.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With Kind Regards
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

At the start of our fourth visit to Guernsey we made straight for Christies to make sure we had a table for dinner. As usual we were greeted with a smile and offered a choice of tables, we chose the balcony/terrace as the evening promised to be balmy. We had been looking forward to eating at Christies as we had been unable to visit the island for 4 years. Were we disappointed? Absolutely not! The service, food and friendliness of the staff were as good as we remembered. We of course went back several times during our stay, including the evening of our wedding anniversary. Probably not the cheapest place to eat in St Peter Port, but comparable to restaurants in our home town. Value for money? we certainly believe it to be very good value when all is considered.

• Visited July 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Christies, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Broadstairs66,

Thank you very much for your review. I`m so glad that you enjoyed your time once again at Christies.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards,