“authentic, fun and tres tres gallic !”
Review of Le Petit Bistro

Le Petit Bistro
Ranked #5 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$14 - US$61
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Its just my favourite restaurant . not because the food is absolutely the best... the service is sometimes a little toooo authentically French if you get my drift... but its just all-round a great experience. I always have the same thing - fresh, fat, garlicky moules - so fresh you'd swear they were flexing their pecs ! Avec frites naturellement ! the ambience is great ( the odd noisy banker trying to impress a client is as bad as a it gets ) the staff are mostly great and the desserts are scrummy. prices are okay but its something to remember.
its at the bottom of town ( st peter Port ) in a street called le pollet ( the POLLETTT ) and II'd recommend you book as it can get busy. but the cafe is just as good to be fair. same kitchens same staff.. same haw-hee-haw ambience. lovely.

There are newer reviews for Le Petit Bistro

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hopefully I won't have food poisoning tonight. Went today for lunch with my son. He had steak and I had Chicken Ceasar Salad, it came with no dressing and I had to request this. The chicken consisted of little wing pieces on bone and chicken nuggety things. I can't eat meat on the bone so left the little wings. One of the chicken nuggets was partially raw...I noticed after I had eaten a bit!! The waitress rushed past me shouting'yes' when I tried to tell her. She came back and took my plate to the kitchen. She then came and offered me an apology and a free coffee!!! As I had a bad morning and the place was heaving I stupidly paid the bill.....but I won't be back!!

1  Thank Catherine O
Reviewed 21 August 2014

What can i say! Food was amazing, staff were brilliant & the atmosphere was vibrant.
We managed to book a table for the first night for the early bird menu £13.50 for 3 courses & the food was fantastic we loved it so much we also went the following night. You actually feel like you're in France, we will be back!

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful cozy atmosphere with a live accordion player - V good attentive staff who added some fun - lovely menu & a V good wine list - 6 people's opinion said that the food was V V good - we will be back!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We ate here after walking past and reading their menus.
It had a fun vibrant atmosphere, with charming and friendly staff.
We had a bottle of their wine, [ loads to choose from] and a charcuterie to share.
Nothing was too much trouble and although we did wait for a table, our experience was great!
If on the island we would return, and did in fact the following day just for drinks!!