“Never fails” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pier 17
Ranked #6 of 123 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Never fails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I've been to this restaurant for corporate events, quiet/romantic meals for two and most recently my birthday with a large group. The staff are always friendly and polite, the service is prompt but not over the top with them hanging around to serve you and most importantly the food is always excellent.

• Visited January 2013

“Saturday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Went here for Saturday lunch.
Were welcomed and had our coats taken and asked if we would like a drink at the bar or go straight to the table.
We went straight to the table service was slick and we were given the menus and told of the days specials.
Food and company were excellent and as always photos to follow.
Food and wine were excellent ant not too over the top staff were knowledgeable on all aspects of the menu, great view of the harbour and a very nice day and looking forward to our next visit. thanks guys!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank WilliamandCindy
“Over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I've dined in virtually all of the restaurants in the island and I must say this is perhaps the most over-rated restaurant locally. The vegetarian "choice" is more or less non-existent. The service lacked; however in defence of the staff, it seems they were short-handed which can be common place in many restaurants in January as staff take leave after a busy December. The restaurant itself lacks character. A redeeming feature is the great view to the East over the water; however as dining is far more frequent in the evenings than in the mornings, any west coast restaurant will have the evening sun and therefore is superior in this respect. It is in a convenient location for most (in town), has plenty of parking, and is wheel-chair friendly. As I am clearly scrambling to find positive attributes, I think I will the review there.

To note restaurants in the immediate vacinity which are preferable, I'd advise -

Petit Bistro

2 Thank Leon H
Hertfordshire
“Bloody minded chef!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

My husband and I love to eat out, and as a retired chef with quite a few awards I am good at "reading" menus. We have small appetites but like to have 3 courses, so I usually choose a starter and sweet to share which can be easily divided. I chose crab cakes, having established they serve 2, and asked for them to be put on 2 plates, but the waitress brought it on one with a spare plate and spoon! She was very apologetic but it was obviously not her fault. We also ordered some chips which looked so good on the next table, but although they had obviously been perfect at some point, they seemed to have been re-heated in the microwave as they had lost all their crispness, very disappointing. The plus points were a really delicious main course of Seamus's Scallops, Sea bass fillet on champ and perfectly cooked spinach. Also the charming and efficient service from three young Lithuanians. When leaving I asked the chef why he refused our request re the crab cakes and he said it would not have looked right, (with a very irritable shrug). As the garnish was some shredded leaves and finely diced peppers etc. and drizzle of sauce, I think the waitress could have made it look good even if he couldn't be bothered.

Visited January 2013
“New years eve.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Hi,

We spent our new years eve with six of our close friends at Pier 17 & i have to say yet again it was a wonderful experience, The food was exquisite as was the atmosphere .
The staff were friendly as ever. looking forward to our next visit already.

• Visited December 2012