“Beautiful fish!”

Pier 17
Ranked #9 of 137 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were a bit worried when we arrived, as the restaurant was very full, and there were some large groups, so we thought the service might be slow. However, we did not have to wait, and the service was great; professional, but friendly and not too formal. The food was beautiful; we had a starter of smoked salmon, crab and king prawn and all three were perfect. The main courses could not be faulted either. I always hesitate to give five stars, but can not think of any reason to give less.

1  Thank chapyBristol

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our friends wanted us to join them at pier 17 one Saturday night and I must say the "experience" was better 2nd time round. Staff attentive with out going over the top. our food was lovely, and although we didn't foot the bill, it was very reasonable.

2  Thank bluebellGuernsey
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I like Pier 17. Food & service are usually good and prices not unreasonable. Location is excellent for tourists, being right on the harbour. Parking is plentiful in the evening, but limited at lunchtime as a shoppers' car park. Food tends to be quite flavour-full and fish is usually reliable. Menu is fairly reliable and steady. I would rate this as one of the best restaurants in Town, in general. The food is better at La Nautique, but Pier 17 is probably more fun. Seamus does the restaurant experience better (in my view) than Da Nellos (where the food is worse) and Petit Bistro (where the food may or may not be as good, depending on taste), which are probably the two nearest equivalents in St Peter Port.

I don't go as often as I would like, mainly because I prefer to go out on a whim and it can be difficult/impossible to get in without booking. So, tourists, phone first.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Took great friends back to Pier 17. We had spent two days in great anticipation following an awful meal at Da Nello.

Seamus himself met us at the door and his super efficient maitre'd showed us to table 1 the best in the conservatory which I had specifically requested.

The service and food were excellent. My wife had her usual of fish cakes followed by chicken. The chicken was the best she has ever had at Pier 17 with extra mustard sauce on the side. Everyone enjoyed their food - even the walnut bread and the dip.

Already booked our next meal at Pier 17.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

A Trip Advisor search revealed Pier 17 as #1 Seafood and #2 overall so we booked it for our first of a two night stay. We had scallops with black pudding and king prawns wrapped in bacon starters from the special board - wonderful. For main we had Grilled Brill and Steak with 1/2 lobster - all perfectly cooked and presented. Excellent NZ Savignon Blanc. The staff were friendly and very efficient and with the view over the harbour this all made the dining experience very special. We are not easily impressed as we enjoy fine dining and cooking but at Pier 17 we were. Yes it's not cheap but then quality is something worth paying for. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Bob E