“Great food”

Pier 17
Ranked #5 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We hadn't booked and I suppose got lucky!
We got our table at approx 8.30 pm and were given the last table, as we were looking at the menu another table in the window became vacant and we asked to take that.
Our server wasn't too keen to let us move [ more work] but we asked another server!
We had a great table then, ordered both a bottle of wine and 2 courses each.
The menu was great, however we also ordered sides and didn't need these as the plates were a total meal.We had asked when we ordered which meant our server didn't know the menu well!
The entrees were large portions, with water and bread as accompaniments.
The mains large, rich with butter / cream all the filling ingredients.The fish beautifully cooked.
Service was a bit pretentious and impersonal, but we enjoyed the food which was the idea.
It was a special occasion and the meal marked the occasion for us well..
We tried to book a table for later in the week, only to find they were full, we were surprised that they don't appear to have any tables for those who 'walk in',

Tokyo, Japan
“Incredible food ”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are real 'foodies' and love a bit of fine dining. On entering the restaurant we both assumed that we were not going to be getting it here. The decor makes the ambiance a bit un loved. The food and service however, were incredible.

The steak was so tender even my one year old enjoyed a nibble, the seafood was delicious; so fresh and so perfectly cooked. Mmmmm. I can almost taste it now.

We ate out every lunch and dinner on our 5 day stay and the food here was head and shoulders above the rest. If you're in the area give it a go.

4 Thank polly298184
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Guernsey - The Highlight”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This little gem is unsurpassable. Believe me, every word of praise is true about this venue. And I've eaten in enough places in the world to feel qualified to say so (well, it was my job for many years). It is most unprepossessing from the exterior. But inside it's obviously a Tardis. Décor is low key and simple. But who needs fancy surroundings when here it is ALL about the food. So the husband had a starter (I was saving myself for pudding) and chose one of his favourites - king prawns in garlic butter. I tried one and it was perfect. But the star of the show was the main course - the centrepiece. We both selected the lobster and staek. Now these two can be very acceptable but they are both open to a lot of culinary abuse. And I've had my share of lobster that was dry, chewy, tasteless et al. usually as a result of the crustacean having been too old, too long out of water, overcooked or seasoned. This baby was heaven on a plate. Moist, tender, flavoursome.... you get the picture. Then there was the steak; filet mignon to be precise. Perfectly blue, tender, melt-in-the-mouth, chary on the outside, blurry scrumptious. Both perfectly unadorned (why would you?) and with a bowl of freshly cooked, hot and tasty French fries. It didn't need any further enhancements. It's that old saying of mine in all it's glory "Sometimes you have to let the food speak for itself". That's just what young Seamus here does. He has an affinity with food that is rare and precious.
Then it was pudding time. I had already earmarked the chocolate tart. A properly made one should (again) be a simple embodiment of taste and texture. So we had the smooth, firm (very important), dark and brooding chocolate filling atop a perfect pate brise, just lightly salted to offset any hint of sweetness from the chocolate or the very delicious (and excellent quality) ice cream. This was glorious. I am salivating just writing this. I want to go back. Now please! Seamus, when you're in England, do come and visit me....And please don't retire. Ever.

4 Thank dianthus2000
Kidderminster
“Excellent again !”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Brilliant location on the pier. Great atmosphere, menu, staff and food. Went 2 years ago when visiting Guernsey and still as good. Will return again.

3 Thank Richard W
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I can honestly say that this is the best restaurant I have ever been to.
We had read some glowing reviews about this place when we were booking our holiday to Guernsay and thought we would see if it lived up to the hype.
It took us a while to find it as the outside of the restaurant is very understated but that really is the only thing that is. The interior is clean, fresh and light and has nice views over the harbour but there is nothing fussy or elaborate in the decoration which makes it very comfortable right from the start.
The food was out of this world and shortly into the starter we knew why it had such fabulous reviews. Every dish was cooked to perfection and the staff were friendly without being over the top. I was very impressed that the waitress waited until we had finished eating each course before asking if we had enjoyed it. (It's a particular bugbear of mine to be asked if the food is ok while you still have a mouthful of it, so you have to chew extra fast to reply.)
It is not cheap to eat here, but believe me it is absolutely worth it.
We went back on the last night of our holiday just to see if it was a one off, but they did not let us down and it was just as good.
If you are thinking of eating here be sure to book in advance as it does get busy.

• Visited July 2014