“Excellent”
Review of Foresters' Arms

Foresters' Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Peter Port
Foresters' Arms
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just spent a week here. One of the few remaining traditional pubs left in St Peter Port. The landlady Linda was very welcoming and went out of her way to make our stay exceptional. The views from the bedrooms are great and so is the food. Very good value for money. Its a great place to stay to get a into the local spirit and meet the local people, we arrived as strangers but left as good friends. Although its on the main road, the traffic did not cause a problem for us. Cant wait to go back there again.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms so book early.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent B&B . Charming helpful Landlady and staff. On the sea front 10 minutes walk from St Peters Port with good bus service. Comfortable, very clean, en suite room with sea view. WIFI in the bar. Great breakfast. As a single person I paid £35 per night .....certainly value for money.

Room Tip: Only two rooms available. One with a double bed another with two single beds. Both have sea view...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank 123seashell
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I found the foresters arms on trip advisor after hours of searching for somewhere to stay in guernsey that was
1. In walking distance of the town
2. In my budget!
And this guest house was the only one that fit both criteria. When I arrived (about 4hours earlier than I should have done) I was met by landlady Lynn and told my room was all ready for me and I was welcome to it whenever I wanted. The room was large, comfy, stylish and had a wonderfully powerful shower. Free wifi is included (just ask for the password at the bar downstairs) and so are all toiletries/tea/coffee etc.
Foresters is about 10-15mins walk from the central bus station (but there is a bus stop directly in front of the guest house if you're feeling lazy!), and my room had a wonderful sea view. There are only two rooms to rent, so I advise booking early. Breakfast (full English cooked by super-chef Lynn or cereal/toast) is included and served in the saloon bar downstairs.
They don't have a website (doesn't seem worth it for only two rooms), so just give the pub a ring (I found their number just by googling the pub) and Lynn will "put you in the book". I cannot recommend enough!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
14  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is a good local pub towards the end of the main seafront area, well located for the town and harbour. It is on the busy coast road however. The landlord and lady made my mother and I very welcome indeed. Breakfasts were very good and portion size was generous. Evening meal range was limited and the quality on the one night we ate there was average. However since this is primarily a B&B pub and there are many restaurants and hotels to eat at nearby this is not a problem. Overall a very good value for money place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Max B
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Super spot for a silly price if you compare it to other Guernsey options. I can only agree with other reviews, if you want VFM this is the place to come to. Hospitable, comfy and close to town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Dick H
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Foresters enormously. Food was very good. Room clean, beds comfortable and the landlady Lyn was most helpfull. Evenings were enjoyable with a proper pub atmosphere. staff very helpfull and friendly. Whenever we go back to Guernsy we certainly try to book into the Foresters Arms again.

David and Trudy L.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maximilian79150
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I went to Guernsey for a short break to use up my Air Miles before they changed to Avios. I travelled with my friend and wanted an inexpensive b&b to stay in. As I had been to Guernsey before, I knew all the buses started and terminated in St. Peter Port, so it made sense to stay there. Good choice, as it was easy to get to all the places we wanted to see. We settled on Foresters as it had good reviews - after all, we only wanted a place to sleep. we were out all day from breakfast until 8 - 9 pm. It was good value for money - excellent breakfast and Linda kindly made us a bacon sandwich to take to the airport on our last morning after a more hurried cereal/toast breakfast. Took around 15 minutes to walk to town, five minutes more to the bus station.

Room Tip: Great views from the twin room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1 mi away
The Marton Guest House
The Marton Guest House
#3 of 8 in St Peter Port

Been to Foresters' Arms? Share your experiences!