“scouse hospitality great.”

Price range: US$10 - US$52
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gastropub recommended in the michelin guide 2009/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Reviewed 8 November 2017

very good pub great staff great beer the food smelt good but stopped serving food after 2pm not suitable for wheelchairs toilets where up stairs.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Recommended by reception staff at Old Government House Hotel, and they were spot on. Good sellection of beers/lagers and wholesome food on menu. Excellent pie & chips, plenty of meat in the pie, and a just-right pastry crust. Good value for money, even for the pint of Export. Not very busy so suited me for watching the match on TV.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The food we ate here was so delicious! I had the lentil and cauliflower pie and chips and it was so so yummy! One of the best pies I've ever eaten! My mums steak pie was apparently also very yummy as well as my sister's lasagne! The only bad point about the restaurant is that there is only one vegetarian option and no dessert menu on a Tuesday!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This place serves excellent steak & ale pies. Barmaid told me they are made on the premises but I think they were supplied from outside. However, very nice pies. No veg came with it except mash , where was the veg. If they don't do veg this place is overpriced. Good pies tho !

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We were only planning to have a few drinks there and to move on to somewhere else for a meal. Thankfully someone suggested eating there and we all had really good bar meals. I can recommend the fish pie, it's great.