“Great meal but not off the tennerfest menu.”
Review of Da Nello

Da Nello
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$0 - US$123
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Guernsey
“Great meal but not off the tennerfest menu.”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went with my wife and stepson to Da Nellos as part of our decision to have a Tennerfest meal out once a week during the Tennerfest festival.

Having viewed the Da Nello tennerfest menu we were disappointed and decided, instead, to choose from the A La Carte menu.

We all had fantastic meals in a great atmosphere but the food is very expensive especially compared to other restaurants close by.

Still one of my favourite restaurants and we will return but not so often at the prices they charge.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I visited for lunch with four colleagues. The food was outstanding. Sea fresh fish cooked to perfection, excellent service and great atmosphere. One of the best fish restaurants I have ever visited.

United Kingdom
“What a wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a lunch and an evening meal here while on a visit to Guernsey. The food was beautifully cooked and presented and the staff were available but not intrusive, perfect really. I ate a Minestrone soup packed with flavour and vegetables and a Dover sole that was just so good.

• Visited October 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Service - A Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Italian cuisine is renowned throughout the world and Da Nello's is a splendid example of why many Italian restaurants enjoy such a fine reputation.

The food is fabulous with an extensive menu from which to choose, the service is exactly what one might expect from a fine Italian restaurant and the ambience of the place is lively and welcoming.

I have eaten at a number of restaurants in Guernsey, but this is my favourite, and having eaten there on several occasions, I can also state that it is consistently good, since I have never experienced a bad meal there.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Cannot fault it.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Da Nello's was a place I discovered whilst reviewing tripadvisor reviews & it truly lived up to its great reputation as one of the best in Guernsey. Being a non-local I was able to convince a few locals to try here rather than their usual haunts. Everyone loved it so much the response was 'why haven't we been here much before'. It was faultless. Family run which is a joy in today's chain restaurant environment. We were greeted by the lovely Fernando who we all would simply return to enjoy his enthusiasm and passion behind the truly traditional dishes. Everything was fresh & the hardest decision was what to chose. We opted for cancre crab, lobster linguine, parma ham & salmon starters. All simple clean and overall fresh dishes chef truly capable and proud to let the ingredients speak volumes without overdressing dishes. Mains we plumped for dover sole which was served table side to add to the event, fresh oyster for great price, sea bass and awesome side dishes that I simply couldn't stop myself trying to eat everyone else's plus my own. For sure I would make Da Nello's my regular place to visit when on the island and hope it continues for many years to come. Service was equally a joy we were there far longer than we intended which is a great sign of place where one has fun & loses time.