“STYLISH AND FABULOUS”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Melkbosstrand, South Africa
“STYLISH AND FABULOUS”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

On my recent return visit to Guernsey Channel islands I enjoyed the High Tea with my daughter at the Old Government House Brasserie! What a fabulous experience. On our arrival the red carpet was rolled out......not for us....for two beautiful wedding receptions held at the time. The tea was served in beautiful bone china tea set which looked like it came from Alice in Wonderland. the 4 layered cake stand was stacked with delicacies. I can truly recommend this as a must visit!!!!

• Visited August 2011

Diss, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Beautifully presented and the flavours were amazing. We ate steak, venison and lamb main courses and it was all faultless!

Visited December 2011
North West England
“High Tea”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

If you are coming to Guernsey you must take afternoon tea at the OGH as the locals call it, tea arrives on one of those three tier jobs like you see on TV, cakes, scones and sandwiches. Verry nice selection of cakes that melt in your mouth and the scones were the best I have ever tasted. Might seem a bit pricey for afternooon tea but we ate at 5pm and did not eat anything else all evening we were so full so compared to a full dinner it worked out rather cheap!

• Visited October 2011
essex
“Old style luxury and the best food I have tasted for a long while”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Servuce is very good here, and the food was faultless. The meal was delicious and presentation second to none, We ate here on our first evening in Guernsey on this trip and we also stayed in this beautiful hotel. Breakfast is very very special too, eggs benedict the nicest I have eaten in years. We will have to come back here, anything else would be a disappointment.

• Visited November 2011
Stone (Staffs)
“Good food, but sluggish service”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

As residents of the hotel, we ate breakfast in here every morning and decided to have an evening meal.
Breakfasts - just brilliant. Such a variety of options, I wish I had time to try them all but I just couldn't tear myself away from the the delicious Eggs Benedict! Continental breakfast selection was great. The staff at breakfast, as with the rest of the hotel, were attentive and friendly.
Dinner - overall we felt a bit disappointed with our dinner experience. They messed up our starters, and then we had to wait 45 minutes for our main courses (despite others seated near us being served much quicker). Some staff were clearly just too busy to remember to take drinks orders, clear plates etc. Having said that the food - when it arrived - was very good if a little pricey. Atmosphere always felt a little stilted, but I think it depends on where you sit. Some chairs were much more comfortable than others, and tables felt a bit crowded with cutlery etc.

• Visited September 2011