“Great first experience of Guernsey”
Review of Abbey Court Hotel

Abbey Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My colleague and I stated here for 2 nights in a twin room. It was actually a family room we got. So basically we got a room each with a shared bathroom. Wonderfully clean hotel, great service and really nice food.

Everything we asked for off Ian and Karen was no problem.

I would recommend to anybody heading to Guernsey to stay here. If we have more work over there, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Thanks again

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank davejem

Reviewed 16 May 2012

My Wife & I recently stayed here, along with both of our Mothers.
The hotel is in a very convenient location, just a pleasant 10 minute walk into St. Peter Port, though I imagine the walk back up the steep hill would take a little longer!
Our room was a very good size &,although we were at the front of the hotel & facing a busy road, there was no noise disturbance.
The room was cleaned to a very high standard daily along with fresh towels each day, something of a rarity in a small hotel, in my experience.
Breakfast on all 3 days of our stay was very good. A good choice & well cooked.
On the whole, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody, but there are one or two issues that, I feel, could do with addressing!

Firstly, parking is very "complicated". There were several contractors vehicles there during our stay that took up a lot of space & weren't always parked very considerately, I had to park my hire car on the footpath outside the hotel, not an ideal situation!

On our first night we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, this turned out to be a little disappointing for a couple of us. I don't know if we caught them unawares, but one portion of fish was barely more than fish-finger sized & there wasn't enough of my home-baked ham to make a sandwich! However, the quality was very high & nobody else had any complaints.
I'd highly recommend the Abbey Court slice for dessert, absolutely delicious!
On the day we left the local newspaper had a full page review of the restaurant & praised it for the quality & also portion size, maybe we just caught them on an off day!
During our stay the hotel was undergoing an ongoing re-furbishment of some areas, this was in no way disruptive.
Another thing that I found slightly unsettling was the lack of "paperwork".
I had booked directly through the hotel's website & only had informal e-mails that didn't really acknowledge any firm reservation. I rang the hotel several times to ask for something a little more "concrete" &, despite being told that this would be forthcoming, nothing ever arrived. A little unsettling when you don't have anything to prove your reservation.
When it came to settling the bill at the end of our stay, there was no record of the deposit I had paid & it took a phone call to prove to the guy on reception that I had paid a deposit. A simple e-mail with acknowledgement of receipt would have made check-out a lot simpler & stress free!

On the whole, I would recommend this hotel to anybody, especially if you don't want to pay the premium that the "sea front" hotels charge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shaunwalulu
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Guernsey and had a lovely stay at the Abbey Court Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by how reasonaly priced the rooms were. We had a huge room each, both were super clean and the bathroom was lovely, clean and fresh and plenty of towels. The breakfast was excellent with good genourous portions and plenty to choose from. Good location can walk into town easily, takes about 10mins. Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone going to Guernsey and would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angie J
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Absolutely great service, Thanks to Ian & Karen we had a great weekend we had 6 rooms,
They had a problem with one of the family rooms so they put us in a large double which was
fine. If Karen & Ian read this we will be back & thank you, no complaints from all 6 rooms.
Trevor, Linda & Sian Williams-Yeagers

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Trevor Y
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Excellent Hotel. Staff couldn't be more helpful and happy to assist with any request. Have booked in again for September

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ROBIN M
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've recently stayed at this hotel whilst on business and overall it is a good little spot. Although perhaps a little basic, it is spotless, warm and friendly and good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank ZenaLB35
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We booked this hotel through Condor Ferries value breaks as they accommodate pets and we brought our Staffie over to Guernsey. Ian and Karen put us in a room that had direct access to the street that helped out greatly with the Dog. The hotel was ideally located a short 10 minute walk from the centre of St. Peter Port and whilst we were the it was the Tenner Fest festival in the Channel Islands, which was also great. The room was spotless and well stocked with tea and coffee facilities. The bathroom was clean and more than adequate with a shower as it is all you need. The breakfasts were beyond excellent the choice was superb from cereals to breads, juices and a full cooked breakfast adaptable to your own choice, one of us was veggie and there was no question about our requests, Everyone's needs perfectly catered. There was a nice garden, and a lovely large communal lounge area with free wifi. The bar area was also very pleasant and Ian and Karen were fantastic hosts who made you feel very welcome. I was there over my birthday and they both made it a very special day. We are both looking forward to going back next year for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Best Western Hotel De Havelet
#1 of 19 in St Peter Port
The Old Government House Hotel & Spa
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Abbey Court Hotel? Share your experiences!